Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By threelittlepigs

Laundry - Soho

Closed Thread

Unhappy Laundry - Soho

do you guys know of any affordable laundry around Soho? I went to Sun Lai on Caine Road, it cost me $25 a piece to iron a ladies short-sleeved shirt. Also, the price for washing is 35 per pound.

my friend uses one at Robinson Road which costs less.

was thinking of going to that one, but was wondering if anyone knows of any nearer to Hollywood Road / Lynhurst Terrace (as Robinson Road is a little far)

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

It seems such a small area... are you unable to check for yourself with a little stroll?

As for the $35 per pound, is that the listed price? It's usually $30-35 for about four pounds.

Walk around your neighbourhood and you will find several laundries. This is the only way you will know for yourself if it is too far. There are several cheap laundries on Wun Sha Street in Tai Hang that I use but that would mean you will need to move apartments to be closer.

I used to use Mei Kit Steam Laundry when I lived near Soho, and always wondered whether it was a jokey name.

where's Mei Kit Steam Laundry

It was on Graham Street but you can't do everything on the internet, sometimes you have to just walk around your neighbourhood.

YUP but recommendations would be a good start.

The laundry on Square street, Sheung Wan. Raymond, the owner is upfront with costs, and honest. I used to take my laundry and dry cleaning there when I worked in Sheung Wan. They do same day service, discounts for certain items. Open from 8am to about 6/7 pm, Monday to Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Natfixit:
    The laundry on Square street, Sheung Wan. Raymond, the owner is upfront with costs, and honest. I used to take my laundry and dry cleaning there when I worked in Sheung Wan. They do same day service, discounts for certain items. Open from 8am to about 6/7 pm, Monday to Friday.
    Wow, you guys make it seem like there are a bunch of crooked laundrymats out there. All the one that I have used have their prices posted in English and Chinese. You give them your clothes and they weigh it in front of you and inspect the dry clean clothes and quote you prices. Nothing is hidden. If the place refuses to give you a pricelist, keep walking to the next place. If they charge you something tat is not on theprice list, ask why. There are literally dozens of laundries in Soho/Central/Sheung Wan and environs. This is not something where researching the internet can give you the best advice. If you don't know your neighbourhood then you start getting around a bit more -not saying you cary your laundry with you when walking around.
    vmlinuz likes this.

Thank you!