Like Tree3Likes

Restaurants with BYOB (no corkage)

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Osteria Felice in Admiralty has free corkage every sunday (both lunch and dinner)

Went there for dinner on saturday for the first time, place was shockingly empty for a Saturday night but food was good!

Quote Originally Posted by Cwbguy:
    yeah but word in the street is that this place is perfect to bring your mistress there as quiet and discreet...guess it is an additional bonus to some ;-)

Seriously is it good though - heard lots of very mixed reviews about this place.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    yeah but word in the street is that this place is perfect to bring your mistress there as quiet and discreet...guess it is an additional bonus to some ;-)

Seriously is it good though - heard lots of very mixed reviews about this place.
    As with quite a few French/Italian restaurants in HK who do not have native chefs, it's best to stick with the simpler dishes.

The last time I went I had the roast lamb, which was excellent as it should be for $295, with escargot starter. Short ribs for $360 is ridiculous pricing.

I also know people who have had very disappointing meals there, overcooked duck and leathery meats.

Unfortunately I find it very hard to get a restaurant that is consistently good with both it's food and prices. A lot is pure luck.

(It is perfect for discreet liasons)
    Mat and Rin Mohamad like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastien-F:
    Osteria Felice in Admiralty has free corkage every sunday (both lunch and dinner)

Went there for dinner on saturday for the first time, place was shockingly empty for a Saturday night but food was good!
    Confirmed, just emailed them:

Thank you for your inquiry.
    As per your concern, our corkage fee is $350 per bottle of wine (750ml) and $500 per bottle of spirit (750ml).
    If you wish to dine on Sunday, we will waive the corkage for you.
    Please do not hesitate to contact us at 2516 6166 should you have further inquiries.
    I've been there for lunch before and it was good, so the Sunday corkage free day sounds like a winner