Greg So complains about report saying that people don't like unsolicited phone calls

Closed Thread

Greg So complains about report saying that people don't like unsolicited phone calls

Hong Kong commerce minister Greg So hits out at Privacy Commission report on cold calling | South China Morning Post

Crazy...

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all possible doubt.

The report by the publicly funded watchdog, issued this month, found nine out of 10 Hongkongers were inconvenienced by person-to-person calls and suggested a "don't call" register...

How about another simpler idea, a "do call" register, so if you do not want to receive these nuisance calls you need do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cwbguy:
    How about another simpler idea, a "do call" register, so if you do not want to receive these nuisance calls you need do nothing.
    I think it's a good idea. You should also have an option to mention a time that's most inconvenient to you.

I know he does not answer this phone number ... so what about numbers of phones that HE, Mr Greg So, answers when not in the office.

I wish I had a function on my phone that would redirect all the calls from on my blocked lists, to his numbers.

Bureau / Department /
    Related Organisation
    Commerce and Economic Development Bureau
    Full Name Mr. SO Kam Leung, Gregory, GBS, JP
    Post Title Secy for Commerce & Econ Dev
    Office Tel 2810 3801
    Fax 2537 6720
    Last edited by shri; 22-08-2014 at 03:54 PM.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

I would like to congratulate Mr So on giving credence to the report by complaining about his department not being able to "edit" it

i think it would be worthwhile for some journalist to investigate which companies greg so owns and hasnt declared. i would not be surprised if some connection of himself to that '20,000 poor workers in this industry' is found

How many triad members are there in HK? And non-triad members who participate in illegal activities like drugs, pirated goods, pimping, etc?

It strikes me Greg So's argument about the 20000 workers could equally well be applied to organised criminal activities. Let's disband the Organised Crime and Triad Bureau and Criminal Intelligence Bureau. Save tax payer money AND jobs at the same time. (The current members of these police bureaux could go into lucrative careers with the triads, so no hit to jobless numbers).

Greg So for the next CE!