Like Tree82Likes

iPhone 6

Closed Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 12 17 18 19 20

[QUOTE=caruderma;3021221]

Quote Originally Posted by kk949:
    Really?? I've been on this bloody reservation system logging on sharp at 8am to book myself an iphone (because that was the only way to get one) and failed each time. I did give up about 2 or so weeks ago.

yes really. just walk in and buy
    I don't believe that is true. You are saying you walked into the Apple Store without a reservation and they let you buy an iPhone? There are signs in the store stating otherwise and my buddy is a manager at one of the stores.

He's definitely from China, China Apple Stores can do walk in sales. None of the Apple Stores in HK do, it's online reservation only.

I will be allocated an Iphone 6 or 6+ in the coming weeks. I will definitely miss the blackberry as an email tool.

In Hong Kong, you can walk to the Apple store but dont walk in - just outside, there are many sellers available at various prices.

iPhone 6

[QUOTE=caruderma;3022069]

Quote Originally Posted by thegame181:

No, i didn't say i walked into the Apple Store. I said i walked into a store. In my case China Mobile.
    From my experience you can only get a new iPhone from a carrier shop if you are willing to sign a new contract. People who buy their iPhones from the Apple Store buy them outright (ie off contract).

Quote Originally Posted by caruderma:
    Wrong, i am a old customer and not a new one.
    Ok, you may be an existing customer but did you sign a new contract with China Mobile for another 2 years in order to get your iPhone?

Quote Originally Posted by caruderma:
    Wrong, i am a old customer and not a new one.
    Obviously if you read from the earlier post, the girl was asking about online reservations being very hard to get into. The only place that is true is from the Apple website. Obviously from any carrier store, you can make a reservation easily and wait a few days. You have to sign up or re-sign for another 2 years. From the Apple Store, you can buy it outright and not be on a contract.

By the way. Does anyone know if you still have to pay for the silly $500 'reservation non-refundable deposit' when signing up with Smartone?

My current plan is with Smartone and I'm thinking if its worth the hassle to switch carrier to skip out on this fee.

Thanks.