Like Tree5Likes

iPhone 6, with NFC - but no Octopus?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    program them so it turns on your home wifi on your phone and turn off data
    I use llama for that, much easier than having to remember to tap an NFC tag...
    TheBrit likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2020:
    I use llama for that, much easier than having to remember to tap an NFC tag...
    I use this:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...lmanager&hl=en

Usually, to turn on my WIFI function on my phone when I get home I do this crazy thing where I take out my phone, hold it, like in my hand, and then here's the best part, in the SAME hand that I am holding it in, I can swipe down from the top with my thumb and turn on the WIFI. It blows me away every time. If I really want to I can turn off my data with just one more press.

Quote Originally Posted by Dankleness:
    Usually, to turn on my WIFI function on my phone when I get home I do this crazy thing where I take out my phone, hold it, like in my hand, and then here's the best part, in the SAME hand that I am holding it in, I can swipe down from the top with my thumb and turn on the WIFI. It blows me away every time. If I really want to I can turn off my data with just one more press.
    You are my hero.

Pin happy to post a video on YouTube ;-) Wifi Matic looks quite cool actually - it doesnt use any more battery constantly pinging towers to decide whether to turn on Wifi or not? If it turns on Wifi and it doesnt connect, will it shut Wifi off? And try again with another ping or something?

Don't get what the big deal is, Apple restricted the Touch API for fingerprint when they first released the 5S then opened it up later on.

I've only used the NFC on my nexus 5 to check the balance on my octopus card and not much else even though I've got several NFC tags at home. I was going to make it so when I get home I tap my phone, and have it go on loud mode (I keep my phone on vibrate when out in public), enable wifi, and max screen brightness but never got around to it.

Quote Originally Posted by pkboy:
    Don't get what the big deal is, Apple restricted the Touch API for fingerprint when they first released the 5S then opened it up later on.

I've only used the NFC on my nexus 5 to check the balance on my octopus card and not much else even though I've got several NFC tags at home. I was going to make it so when I get home I tap my phone, and have it go on loud mode (I keep my phone on vibrate when out in public), enable wifi, and max screen brightness but never got around to it.
    Same here. I've used NFC once, and that was to see what this 'cool' feature was when I got my new phone, to check my octopus balance.
    I see people with fat covers on their phones that you can slip in credit cards and an octopus card. NFC is not really going to affect these types of people.

I've got one of those small portable Bluetooth speakers/mic with NFC at home. When I get home just tap the phone on the speaker to pair and then answering calls, watching youtube, etc all goes through this thing.

No need to tap again when I leave home because the phone switches back to internal as soon as it's out of Bluetooth range.

I've been dong this for years. Too bad apple still can't do it.

imparanoic likes this.