Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By wtbhotia
  • 1 Post By Skyhook
  • 1 Post By HK_Katherine

Any suggestions for a reasonable price 5 day holiday trip from 1st to 5th of October?

Closed Thread

Cool Any suggestions for a reasonable price 5 day holiday trip from 1st to 5th of October?

Hi

Hong kong has holidays on 1st and 2nd of October 2014. We are planning to have a 5 day trip from 1st to 5th of October 2014. Any suggestions for reasonable price destinations?

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Peak travel time, both inbound and outbound, so 'reasonable' has to be balanced against 'available'.

Do you have a budget? Thailand and the Philippines usually offer good value. What about Vietnam?

- Budget?
    - Type of holidays (beach or city?)
    - How many people?
    - OK with budget airlines?
    - OK with red eye flights?

Quote Originally Posted by dubeanu:
    Any suggestions for reasonable price destinations?
    Cheung Chau
    Lamma Island

bookblogger likes this.

We are a couple. Fine with any budget airline. Preferring city type holiday

Quote Originally Posted by dubeanu:
    We are a couple. Fine with any budget airline. Preferring city type holiday
    Off the top of my head:

- Bangkok
    - Taipei
    - Seoul
    - Tokyo
    - Osaka / Kyoto
    - KL
    - Chiang Mai
    - HCMC
    - Hanoi
    - Almaty

Kuala Lumpur..3 & a half hrs flight. rm70 cab KLIA to KLCC or MRT, Coach. Blahblahblah....
    Jalan alor street - food.
    Golden triangle - nitetlife
    Jalan kia peng - nitelife
    China town. nite market.
    Petronas towers
    Menara tower.
    Negara zoo.
    Sunway lagoon.
    Batu caves.
    Port dickson. 1 1/2 hr away.
    Genting highland. 1 hr away
    Try monorail & free city bus in town.

If yr holidays longer. i 'll suggest u to go Kuala Terengganu & Redang island.

Last edited by Pidaras; 16-09-2014 at 08:27 PM.

My suggestions would be as follows, providing you can get a good value package deal ie airfare/accommodation.

Queensland, Australia, namely Broadbeach as a great base to locate yourself, as there are a huge amount of quality beach front high rise holiday apartments for short term rent along there, with fully equipped kitchens so you can buy your own food to save quite a bit of money. I've traveled extensively, but, the best 21 day holiday I have ever had was spending it in Queensland from Brisbane to Noosa Heads and just over the New South Wales border to Byron Bay. It was just so unspoilt, naturally beautiful, no tackyness, clean and no touts to irritate you while you meander around in a laid back casual manner..

We did the swimming with the dolphins at Seaworld, ( which was AWESOME ! ) I highly recommend that. Theme parks in Brisbane are really good, so there is plenty to do within a very short distance from one another. ie Seaworld Dreamworld, Movieworld, Waterworld. Believe me when I say that it will be worth the 8.5 hour flight, as you will remember this holiday for the quality experience as opposed to just being a ' cheap ' getaway'.

We really enjoy visiting Japan, Tokyo, is just amazing how well run, organized and clean/quiet it is is. So many shrines to see, beautiful public parks, lots of aquariums, Tokyo Disney which just SMASHES the shit out of the HK one, Odaiba especially MegaWeb and amazing food ( quality ) coffee, everywhere. We usually stay in Ginza, Shibuya and Shinagawa, which are all pretty well located..

We've done everything on the below video .

In my opinion it is the best city in Asia, it will amaze you.

Have fun

Last edited by Skyhook; 17-09-2014 at 09:57 AM.
    Pidaras likes this.

skyscanner has an option where you can just specify the departure airport and they give you the cost of flights to a range of different airports. Pick one that you fancy that fits the budget.

hongkong7 likes this.

KAYAK Explore - see where you can go for how much has a similar feature, pretty coo