Like Tree10Likes

Bring out your .... coins!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Had someone pay in PnS in shrapnel. About $120 worth, in assorted (not sorted) little bags. The cashier counted it out and said there wasn't enough. The customer flipped out and insisted the cashier count again, which she did. Still not enough but again the customer demanded a recount. I walked out at that point.

R.O. and bibbju like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    Had someone pay in PnS in shrapnel. About $120 worth, in assorted (not sorted) little bags. The cashier counted it out and said there wasn't enough. The customer flipped out and insisted the cashier count again, which she did. Still not enough but again the customer demanded a recount. I walked out at that point.
    did you hear how much the customer was short, if I was behind them, I would have thrown what they were short at their head

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    did you hear how much the customer was short, if I was behind them, I would have thrown what they were short at their head
    I would have just paid it.

I couldn't hear the amount, was about three people back.

I couldn't hear the amount, was about three people back.
    It must have been difficult to hear in the loud clanking of coins.

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses:
    It must have been difficult to hear in the loud clanking of coins.
    Actual the clanking of coins was drowned out by the shouting of the two customers, who from my limited Cantonese seemed to be telling the cashier there was no need to count the coins.

the shouting of the two customers, who from my limited Cantonese seemed to be telling the cashier there was no need to count the coins.
    I once visited Ireland, pre-Euro, leaving from England. Someone gave me a pile of Irish coins accumulated by the English charity he worked for. I sorted and counted them. I don't remember exactly, but it was over £10.

In Dublin, I took them to a bank. An amiable bank officer took me to a private office. We sat and chatted. Then he took the bags and gave me the notes.

"You're not counting it?"

"No, it's all right."