Like Tree1Likes

Samsung door locks - anyone used or have feedback?

Closed Thread

Samsung door locks - anyone used or have feedback?

Hi people - i was thinking about installing one of those biometric samsung door locks. has anyone used one and do people generally have an idea about how secure they are?

thanks!

i know a friend who has a electronic Samsung lock for his apartment in the reach , yuen long, not biometric, has combination input, card input and I believe a manual key override, seems to have some advantages (ie, give the code for friends access to your apartment when your not there) but I have reservations, what happens if there is a blackout

it runs on batteries normally anyways. they last for a year and you can have a backup battery. there is also a (hidden) keyhole for a normal key as backup

if its this one then the reviews seems to be quite good, installing it could be tricky.

Amazon.com : SAMSUNG EXON Fingerprint Digital Door Lock SHS-5230 : Biometric Door Lock : Home Improvement

We recently installed the SHSP718 and so far, I think it's great! fyi, we bought ours from AD and the installation charge was HKD780.

What is AD? The biometric locks can be opened via fingerprint, door code or key. It uses a battery and when the battery is running low there is a warning sound. But once the battery goes,then you can always use the key to get in. The only thing I don't like is the irritating sound when the lock is used. My neighbour has one, and I can always tell when theirdoor is beng opened due to the sound.

Cool - thanks guys. re the sound, looking online it looks like you can change the volume of the lock (though good luck with that convo with your neighbour!).

i walked past a shop in wan chai (where all those suppliers are) and the fee for the biometric lock was around GKD5,000 and the installation was around HKD800.

A lot for a lock, but would be awesome to not need a key!

With the sound when unlocking, can you program it to have different types sounds? And different sounds for different people unlocking? Would be an awesome feature!

i love my digital lock but the only problem i have is the lock beeps like crazy when its windy or when a typhoon is in town.