Like Tree4Likes

Possible end of cheap New World Mobility plans

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by HKbiz:
    This thread is bit old but I want post here my feedback. I got Sun Mobile "unlimited" 3G lite plan which I pre-paid for one year (mistake) and it's a joke far beyond what I can describe. In fact I tried have someone at the shop let me test the speed of the plan but they refused. Fatal mistake. This thing is barely better than 2G and works in loops. Works 1 or 2 minutes, then stops working at all. And I'd I try open multiple Windows or do streaming, usually within 39 seconds the service is literally cut off till I turn airplane mode on and then off again to reset the connection. And the speed? "3G" lite? It is capped at 60k, that's it. I get peaks at 65k or 70k that last maybe 1 second but data glow is always at around 60k. Totally ridiculous, totally unacceptable. I've had the plan now for 5 months and on flat service and coverage get worse. And every month I get a bill for anywhere from 30 to 70HKD.. like this month is 64HKD and I did not make ONE SINGLE CALL last month and maybe sent 2 or 3 SMS as I only use this plan for data. Absolutely ridiculous.

I'm thinking to just toss this SIM Card in the trash and forget about it even I already paid till near the end of the year. I can't stand it anymore.

My real question is how CMHK "3G lite" plan really is as its what I'm thinking about to get. Their cap claims of around 384k (or whatever they say) don't mean anything for me as Sun Mobile claims the same and I get 5 times less, near 2G speeds. And I can't find anywhere on the Internet on real world speed tests or reviews of the actual speeds of the CMHK 3G Lite plan. I worry will be as fast as mine is and I waste my time and money again.

Could someone on this plan post some feedback and speed tests results? I'm really curious.

I can't stress enough for everyone to stay away from Sun mobile.

I used to have the same problem, called them, they told me to change some APN setting and it is okay since then. My plan was previously contracted with Telecom Services, which was acquired by 1010/123. 1010/123 later also acquired New World Mobile. Somehow they had merged the networks of various operators and there seems to be some setting issue for old phones (I am still using my >3 years old phone).

Quote Originally Posted by james_hklocal:
    I used to have the same problem, called them, they told me to change some APN setting and it is okay since then. My plan was previously contracted with Telecom Services, which was acquired by 1010/123. 1010/123 later also acquired New World Mobile. Somehow they had merged the networks of various operators and there seems to be some setting issue for old phones (I am still using my >3 years old phone).
    Thanks much for the feedback. At least someone else here has experienced similar issues and it's not me imagining things. I'll catch up on your advice and try maybe go to other shop hoping that someone can understand English enough to follow up of the info you just gave me. Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by HKbiz:
    Thanks much for the feedback. At least someone else here has experienced similar issues and it's not me imagining things. I'll catch up on your advice and try maybe go to other shop hoping that someone can understand English enough to follow up of the info you just gave me. Thanks again

don't go to a shop, the sales there are too busying on selling plans. Just call their customer service, they should be able to respond in english

Quote Originally Posted by james_hklocal:
    don't go to a shop, the sales there are too busying on selling plans. Just call their customer service, they should be able to respond in english
    OK, thanks much. Will do

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5