Like Tree5Likes

Alienware

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

dell shop located in wan chai computer mall. next to mtr. by southern playground

I looked at Alienware prior to buying my current laptop. The premium you pay just for the name is too high, I got a higher spec'd laptop from HP for a 20% lower price.

Definitely get more bang for your buck with a custom rig.

Interestingly enough, I did stumble across a bricks and mortar Alienware store selling both laptops and desktops in Shenzhen, of all places. At the SEG electronics plaza. I can only guess that it appeals to people who are think that conspicuous consumption is both big and clever.

imparanoic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    Interestingly enough, I did stumble across a bricks and mortar Alienware store selling both laptops and desktops in Shenzhen, of all places. At the SEG electronics plaza. I can only guess that it appeals to people who are think that conspicuous consumption is both big and clever.
    I was there at SEG centre at Huaqiangbei yesterday with my brother ( who has never been in Shenzhen), he was mesmerized by the scale, the SEG centre it self was twice the size of like wccc, 298, mkcc, ssp golden plaza combined, at there where 10-15 major buildings in the same area selling other tech related stuff, unlike dongmen/louji, seems to very few fakes items, but there do have a lot of cheap stuff as well as mega expensive stuff such as HK$16,000/RMB13,000 graphic card - titan

That's around twice the going rate in Hong Kong?

SEG was huge, but I didn't enjoy it as much as I had expected. Like SSP but way bigger, which meant even more near identical stores. Though they carried a broader range of stuff than SSP, like the piles of phone components.

Do you know if there's any area/stores that sells old or secondhand stuff? I personally find that sort of thing more interesting than stores selling exactly the same range of flashlights.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    That's around twice the going rate in Hong Kong?

SEG was huge, but I didn't enjoy it as much as I had expected. Like SSP but way bigger, which meant even more near identical stores. Though they carried a broader range of stuff than SSP, like the piles of phone components.

Do you know if there's any area/stores that sells old or secondhand stuff? I personally find that sort of thing more interesting than stores selling exactly the same range of flashlights.
    the retro and collectible stuff are usually on yahoo auctions and sometimes on taobao
    Last edited by imparanoic; 11-11-2014 at 03:37 PM.