Like Tree4Likes

Dependent Visa / Public Health Care - HELP PLEASE....

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison:
    It's not a big deal to approach your case officer and ask how long things will take.
    They will give you some guidance.
    Based on that, you can decide whether you wan to reveal more of your circumstances to Immi.
    He's one of those "problem nationalities" where is may be a problem to approach Immigration. (he posted in the other thread). It's possible that this is just going to look like "I married a HK'er to get free treatment which is expensive or unavailable in my home country". You need to be really careful about that. One immigration case worker might see this as extenuating circumstances and be compassionate; another may take an even harder line. Unless you meet your case worker in person and find out what kind of person they are, it would be very hard to judge.

Would it be impossible to go home and get treatment? If it was me, that;s what I would do at this point in time. Getting treatment anywhere is probably more important than trying to get it cheaply and it would probably improve your application if they could see you were self-sufficient in this regard.
    m77, usehername and Claire ex-ax like this.

You entered on Domestic helper visa? You have overstayed your visa?
    I am unable to understand how you have lived here without any visa.

Quote Originally Posted by m77:
    I worked here before then got married .

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison:
    It's not a big deal to approach your case officer and ask how long things will take.
    They will give you some guidance.
    Based on that, you can decide whether you wan to reveal more of your circumstances to Immi.
    Thanks, i'm really worried if i should reveal to my immigration officer my present medical condition that it might affect my dv application because i don't want them to think i will be a burden to the society but i don't want to risk my health condition

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer:
    You entered on Domestic helper visa? You have overstayed your visa?
    I am unable to understand how you have lived here without any visa.
    Yes i was on a domestic helper visa before and got married and applied for dv the immigration officer did not give me any visa instead they gave me a white paper where all the details of my application is written and every month they would send me letter asking more documents to prove the authentication of my marriage to be able for them to process my application.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    He's one of those "problem nationalities" where is may be a problem to approach Immigration. (he posted in the other thread). It's possible that this is just going to look like "I married a HK'er to get free treatment which is expensive or unavailable in my home country". You need to be really careful about that. One immigration case worker might see this as extenuating circumstances and be compassionate; another may take an even harder line. Unless you meet your case worker in person and find out what kind of person they are, it would be very hard to judge.

Would it be impossible to go home and get treatment? If it was me, that;s what I would do at this point in time. Getting treatment anywhere is probably more important than trying to get it cheaply and it would probably improve your application if they could see you were self-sufficient in this regard.
    This is what worries me that my case officer would think i got married to get free medical treatment i won't know the answer till next week to check my application wish me luck