Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Natfixit

Any Chinese American/Australian/Canadian/British Expat Wifes?

Closed Thread

Any Chinese American/Australian/Canadian/British Expat Wifes?

I'm a Chinese American expat wife. We're late 20s and have yet to have children.

Looking for similar people as I can't really identify with locals or expats right now.

Quote Originally Posted by noobette:
    I'm a Chinese American expat wife. We're late 20s and have yet to have children.

Looking for similar people as I can't really identify with locals or expats right now.
    surely, any abc, bbc, cbc females will do? marital status should be that important

Honestly, expat spouse is a big source of my problems right now so those who came because only they themselves wanted to are in a different position.

Also, my planning to have children soon affects what I'm thinking about.

Quote Originally Posted by noobette:

Not sure what your problem is if you ARE an expat but cannot deal with locals or expats right now because you want to have children? I take it that you moved to Hk with your spouse because of his job but you don't like living here. Been there, done that in other countries. Sort yourself out before having a child because once you do, it will be harder to cope if you are discriminating everyone you meet. I faced same challenges but am not planning on having children, however, I cut contact with " toxic " presonalities or people I was not going to form a healthy friendship with, i.e. Similar interests and values. I joined meetup.com groups that i was interested in and made real friends. You can do so ,too. Just google......
    HK_Katherine, btc and imparanoic like this.

Why Chinese ethnicity only?

I'm moving to HK in Feb for my husband's job, I'm American, your age, no kids yet but planning to soon, but I am not Chinese (although I'm not white either) so I guess I don't make the cut for you!