Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Morrison
  • 1 Post By bravizzel
  • 2 Post By HK_Katherine
  • 1 Post By East_coast

Post Office at Hong Kong Airport, can send parcels?

Closed Thread

Post Office at Hong Kong Airport, can send parcels?

This question is sounding stupider the longer I think about it, but I have to ask. When passing through Hong Kong airport, is it possible to use the Post Office at the airport to send packages (a few items of clothing). Just want to make sure it's not a glorified post box and actually is staffed etc Thanks!

EDIT: I understand the Post Office is actually outside of departures / arrivals so the person would need a VISA to access it.

Last edited by carn1x; 25-11-2014 at 02:09 PM.

it is fully staffed and should also be able to handle parcels.

I understand the Post Office is actually outside of departures / arrivals so the person would need a VISA to access it.

, yes

carn1x likes this.

Awesome, thanks

Yes - it is in the Hong Kong landside area (e.g. general public). Its just past the checkin counters close to Popeyes. Its shoved in a corner, very small and easy to miss but it is there!

carn1x likes this.

Most nationalities can get a visa for a few days at least on arrival.. just telling the truth (that you are going to the post office ) should be fine.

carn1x and East_coast like this.

It is just a normal post office and open on Sundays

https://www.hongkongairport.com/eng/...st-office.html

drumbrake likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Most nationalities can get a visa for a few days at least on arrival.. just telling the truth (that you are going to the post office ) should be fine.
    Most nationalities get a Visa free period for staying in Hong Kong upon arrival.

Visit Visa / Entry Permit Requirements for the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Public Services | Visit / Transit

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:
    Most nationalities get a Visa free period for staying in Hong Kong upon arrival.

Visit Visa / Entry Permit Requirements for the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Public Services | Visit / Transit
    Visa free or "visitor visa".. I thought they were all actually visas its just you don't notice its a visa....

It's a huge difference, without a visa you are at the mercy of Immigration officials
    who can send you back and there is nothing you can do about it.
    So if you go to US keep that in mind.
    That's the truth about visa waiver programs.

As to the post office, check opening hours.
    Had a bad experience in Madrid, but HK should be in line with what one would expect, eg 925

Last edited by Morrison; 26-11-2014 at 12:42 AM.