Like Tree22Likes

Running a Red Light

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Original Post Deleted
    Again, this is where even the mighty HK police isn't able to distinguish between a visitor and a resident. Somehow I think they simply passed my case to court as they are not able to handle it themselves, and they probably know too well that drivers are unlike to "waste" their annual leave to argue in court for this type of offence (unless the driver is close to his/her 15 points).

Quote Originally Posted by hubs1982:
    Having received suggestions from this forum, I decided not to play around as a simple CBA tells me that it is not worth the hassle to take time off work for traffic offence of this type. By pleaing not guilty I think they might schedule the hearing on another day, meaning more time off work and less holiday in the future.
    Back with a serious question I am curious about: Why need to go to court and plead anything. I thought you just get the fine and the points and that's it.

How about the other red light runners here? Fine and points ore court appearance?

To the guilty/not guilty, I read about cases were people got out of fines for very clear cases. Usually rich people, with a highly paid legal team behind them.

Original Post Deleted
    As I have said, I got p***ed off when I was summoned to court even though the police officer initially dealing with the case has accepted my visitor status and has asked for copies of my passport, foreign license and landing slip. The police then got hold of my HKID number (I guess they traced it from my vehicle rego) and passed the case to court under my HKID number.
    This explains why the case went to court even though the penalty I face is the same as a normal traffic ticket.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4