Like Tree8Likes

Xiaomi 4 or One Plus or Lennovo?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I've got a Hongmi and an N5. I actually think that I prefer the the Hongmi just a tad more because it's got built-in app permissioning. Certainly the battery life blows the N5 away even though they both run 2000mAh batteries.

The N5 is faster and has a more accurate keyboard.

I personally don't have the 'hiding apps' problem because I don't install very many to start with. I could see it being irritating if you install lots of apps though as you have to tuck less frequently used apps into folders.

imparanoic likes this.

best way is for the op's son see which phone he likes?

BTW, i recently got my sony xperia z2, priced at HK$3,999 ( there have an amazing trade in option, ie, my xperia arc 2011 phone, even 2011 samsung s2 will do) deducted HK$1100 of the price, plus, add additional HK$70 option of a uhs1 class 10 16gb sd card and 8000 mah portable charger! in total HK$2,879 for a flagship phone

but trade only applies to phones over HK$3500 in value

Surprised no one mentioned LG as an alternative...

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    @imparanoic - not too worried about street cred .. I'm happy to give him my N5 and use a cheap china phone Xiaomi / 1+

Checked the Sony Mobile facebook page.. don't seem to have the T2 on offer anymore.

Will probably just wander around Mongkok tomorrow and see what works for him or for me.
    wilson mobile - $1888, (with credit card rebate, if you have the card)
    imparanoic likes this.

Son ended up getting one of those LG Beat phones... Thanks everyone. Have some good recommendations here for my next beast when the N5 breaks

imparanoic likes this.

FYI, the Moto G 2014 LTE has been leaked on the Moto Brazil website and its going to be LTE and dual sim....

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    7I have Z2, has xperia tx and arc, rarely any issues, before than sony Ericsson aino, sony Ericsson g705, sony Ericsson w770 ( which had constant hardware issues but sony gave me g705 as replacement, w900, s700 and flip one which can't remember.

The only one had issues was the sony Ericsson w770

i have used a xiaomi hongmi for 2 hours, it was not nice to use at all, the ui is just bad and if you hide the apps ( no app tray), you never find it again, then you have to delete and re-install
    I'm pretty sure you can just install a launcher like Nova or Go etc which are free on play store (assuming you get access) which will allow you full customisation of the home screen(s).

Video gets funky 1/2 way through