Streaming video files

Closed Thread

Streaming video files

Hi All

Does anyone know where I can buy a WD TV Live or Live Hub media player in Hong Kong? I know it's yesterday's technology, but I have a large video library and I think this is the best way to stream it around the home. I've heard of Foresoon, but are they still trading? Thanks for any help.

Best

Grahame

If you Google Foresoon you should get about a dozen physical addresses and phone numbers for stores.

Otherwise try one of the two big computer centres. There's one in Wan Chai. I think I recall seeing WD media stuff.

Thanks very much. The problem is, as you know, it's always the latest that sells in Hong Kong. I've contacted Foresoon's head office and they say they don't stock WD media players anymore. And a trawl around Wanchai, Mong Kok and Shamshuipo hasn't come up with anything, either. Oh well, I'll keep trying. I suppose the alternative is to go through Amazon UK, but most suppliers don't ship to HK...

Grahame

Western Digital WD TV Media Player Palmulti-City WDBPUF0000NBK - 多媒體播放機 - 影視 - 影音 - 香港格價網 Price.com.hk

G2 System

商戶類型: 實體店舖
    查詢電話: 23878955
    網址: http://www.facebook.com/g2system
    查詢電郵: [email protected]

NEW CAPITAL COMMERCIALPUTER PLAZA
    shop 206
    85-95 Un Chau Street

Golden Plaza

another place MKCC shop 1/f shop 110

SE Computer Ltd
    地址: 旺角奶路臣街8-8A旺角電腦中心1/F 110室
    電話: 35863930
    傳真: 30108736
    電郵: [email protected]

Personally I think a synology NAS and a Google chromecast attached to each TV, running plex app on the NAS and each chromecast, is the best way to stream media files around the home (or if you have a Samsung TV then plex app is built in and no need a chromecast).

I used to have a similar setup to you, but switched to plex and its amazing. It auto downloads cover art, metadata etc for each movie or TV series. It even plays theme music in the background as you are browsing through your media files. Very impressive.

Thanks very much. I've contacted them. Invariably they're out of stock. The one who said they had in Central, when I turned up it was an empty box. I could order it if I wanted...

Grahame

Sounds good. I have Drobos linked to a Mac.

Grahame

I think plex is available for drobo. So just buy a $300 chromecast for your TV and then stream using plex.

Hi
    Turns out Chromecast can't handle all video file types. I ended up buying a Dune HD Base 3D, which is a cut above the WD but more expensive (inevitably!).
    hanks again for your help.