Feedback on 3 network?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Feedback on 3 network?

Hi guys,

would like to get some feedback on the 3 network...
    in terms of coverage, connectivity, dropped calls etc...

their plans are pretty attractive for my usage (ard 3000 basic minutes per month and unlimited IDD calls

Would appreciate all the help thanks!

One of our users whose opinion I tend to take seriously said "they're called three because I get three dropped calls a day"

I use 3 for their 3G services and don't really experience dropped calls or significant issues where they don't have coverage.

Unlimited IDD plan, is this for all countries or certain countries.

I have been using 3 for around several years, and have never used CSL or smartone, drop calls do happen but it be due to low battery, bad connection, bad phone service so it is hard to tell.

One thing I wish 3 would improve is there customer service, the wait in order to reach a person is long. I am not sure about other operators

Our 3 works great. No dropped calls and we live in the NT.
    Although our IDD minutes are tied to our plan minutes (as opposed to "unlimited"). In our simple minds, we can call HK, PRC, USA as often as we want; if we stay under the plan minutes it is all free/included in the plan.

Angry

As soon as I can get my company organised I am leaving three. My company pays the mobile bill so it is in their name.

I get dropped calls all the time and SMS's that can take hours to get delivered. They drive me to drink. Often I lose the signal completely (In Central or Soho) and have to switch my phone off for awhile before I get signal again.....and this is on 2 seperate handsets that have never had ANY problems with on other networks such as CSL and Vodacom.

I am going to move to CSL as they are the provider I used for roaming and I never had any issues with them. Or PCCW once I get feedback from friends on how they perform.

So nah I am no impressed with 3.

>> PCCW once I get feedback from friends on how they perform.

Just switched to PCCW on their unlimited data plan. Happy so far .. been testing their service for about 3 months and they have vastly improved.

I use there 3g service never had any problems with dropped calls.

Although their phrase unlimited calls is little misleading, i.e 1968 "for 38hkd get unlimited idd calls." Means you can make idd calls but they come out of your price plan for certain countries and for others you pay at reduced rate, they are not free. But you can make as many as you like

Even their customer service person had to go and find out when I asked what it meant. Took two days to get back to me.

In uk I had unlimited local calls on ntl which meant free calls.

Signal is fine though never had a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Monde:
    They drive me to drink.
    Can't be blaming that on 3.
    We have their 3G and never have a problem.
    No problem with customer service either. Set up the phone at Hutchinson House and they answered all our questions on the spot.

My wife and I are having major problems with them at the moment.

We upgraded to 3G and cannot get the network for about half the day, and when we do we are on roaming. Signal is always strong though.
    We have called the hotline around a dozen times and we get a new person every time who has no idea about the previous calls and we have to explain everything again. And we always get the same reply. Wait 3-5 days and I will see what I can do.
    We have been into the shop twice and they call the hotline for us!

We are now contacting the consumer dept to see if we can legally cancel the contact.

As long as you have NO PROBLEMS WHATS-SO-EVER 3 is about OK. Otherwise I would/could not recommend them.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast