Like Tree40Likes

What's the penalty for puching someone?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    tabletop

What's the penalty for puching someone?

An acquaintance of mine punched someone he hated in the eye. What kind of penalty will he be facing? He's a foreigner and the bastard he punched is a local.

Oddly enough it's against the law to punch a local, he may be up for assault.

Sent from my Q10 using GeoClicks mobile app

Stu79 and shri like this.

Did the police get involved at the scene? Were there witnesses? Did the local have to go to hospital?

Quote Originally Posted by tabletop:
    An acquaintance of mine punched someone he hated in the eye. What kind of penalty will he be facing? He's a foreigner and the bastard he punched is a local.
    Assuming that the police are involved and that the guy your friend punched in the eye got a police paid medical examimation to proceed to charge...

I would hazard a guess if your friend pleads guilty, then a binding order will be set for a duration the court sees fit plus court costs and any damages awarded to the victim.

However, if he pleads not guilty and the court finds him quilty, expect a much harsher consequence, a sentence of 3 to 6 months jail. . If on a conditional stay visa, deported under the breach conditions of said visa, upon release.

I wouldnt take it lightly, judges here have zero tolerance for GBH offenders, especially where a foreigner is involved as the main aggressor.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using GeoClicks mobile app
    Last edited by Skyhook; 28-07-2014 at 08:16 AM.

Plead Guilty, get fined and have a criminal record, nothing to worry about, hope that punch was worth it

So, this guy was being an A-hole and your friend punched him in the face? Did he call your friends mom a prostitute, wife, daughter? I have seen a lot of A-holes here but never have seen one get punched in the face so I'd like to know.

Quote Originally Posted by tabletop:
    He's a foreigner and the bastard he punched is a local.
    Yes, it's a shame it wasn't the other way round... if he was local and he punched a foreigner, he'd get a commendation from the China Liaison Office.

Quote Originally Posted by bookblogger:
    Yes, it's a shame it wasn't the other way round... if he was local and he punched a foreigner, he'd get a commendation from the China Liaison Office.
    That's total bullshit and you know it.

I know of a case during a neighbour dispute that went a bit too far in Sai Kung between two locals that got into a physical fight, the one that punched up the other pleaded not guilty. He was sentenced to two years jail at Stanley prison, was out in 12 months for good behaviour.

If you were trying to be funny, well it wasnt.

If we cant criticise you Brits and hang shit on them, then you lot shouldnt have a go at any other nationality.

Comprende vous, old bean...?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using GeoClicks mobile app
    Watercooler likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    A bit rich coming from a nation that was created by our criminals skyhook.
    I am quite sure the indigenous Australians don't see it quite like that. ( Likely you didnt consider them when you made that comment ) Unless you think opening fire on spear throwing Aboriginals with black powder muscats and cannons is your idea of a fair fight. I have no problem with nations that fought fair and square for their geographic boundaries.

While out in public, say at a pub with a dominant British clientele, it's o.k for you Brits to bag out your own country amongst yourselves, but the moment somebody who isn't British chirps up and does it in their presence, then the Brits start having a go at the non Brit ! It's fuckin weird..!!!!

You know, before I became an expat I actually had a positive opinion of Brits, it wasn't until I moved to Dubai and Hong Kong that my experiences of interacting with many of them a lot more, that my feelings have changed. The 2 faced aspect of not saying what it is that you're thinking, ( which comes across as dishonest to me ) the collective brinkmanship when threatened by an opposing concept ( because thats not how we do things in ol blighty ) is quite stunning also, to be quite honest.

I can have critical conversations with my HK based Italian friends about how things are back in Italia, or my French friends about how fucked up in some ways that France is at the moment, the same goes for my Dutch, American, Danish, Swedish, South African and Belgie mates without anybody getting their pantaloons in a twist. or we can reach ( mutual ) part agreement on certain aspects of the conversation, respecting the virtue of freedom of speech, that, we all have differing opinions.

Plus, no other nationality that I have seen here on this forum over the many years I have been a registered user, gangs up on other non Brit expats, apart from yours. It's always the Toon Army that collectively bands together with its pitch fork waving rhetoric, because they have the forum numbers to tell the rest of us what we can and cannot say.

My Melbourne, western/northern suburbs use of the word 'WOG' a couple of months back in the Australian context was a perfect example of that, you lot chose to be offended by it in a HK forum, using only your UK interpretation of it, fc*k anybody else that has a different interpretation of the word. Which is what shits me most about it. Since when did this forum only consider the BRITISH context of everything to do with the world, stuff everybody else hey ?

The Beijing bagging also is getting quite old, it reminds me of what Americans were like during the cold war.

Anyway, that's where I sit regarding this matter.
    Watercooler likes this.

GeoExpat drama...

I think it is safe to say, if you punch someone first stemming from a verbal argument, it is considered assault, which comes with severe consequences since violence has no place in society. Whether he is a foreigner or local is not of significance. Being either does not dismiss you of any consequences stemming from irresponsibility.

See if he can settle with the person he punched. If not, it is time to hire a lawyer and prepare to go to court.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast