Like Tree759Likes

Which TV streaming box

Closed Thread
Page 116 of 239 FirstFirst ... 108 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 124 ... LastLast

Can anyone tell me what the message in Chinese means please?? Will be very very grateful!!Name:  ImageUploadedByGeoClicks1406574324.014446.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  635.1 KB

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

I checked last night an I can see AXN fwiw

Quote Originally Posted by bibbju:
    Can anyone tell me what the message in Chinese means please?? Will be very very grateful!!Name:  ImageUploadedByGeoClicks1406574324.014446.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  635.1 KB
    Message isn't specifically related to your issue. It says "due to bad weather, some channels may be unavailable and video quality may be affected".
    Last edited by weweve; 29-07-2014 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by weweve:
    Message isn't specifically related to your issue. It says "due to bad weather, some channels may be unavailable and video quality may be affected".
    it's in simplified Chinese ( ie, applicable in mainland), thus, probably not relevant in hk

Any recommendations for a DNS service (as opposed to VPN)? I've been looking at UnoTelly, but not sure if this is still recommended since HK service has been restored.

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    it's in simplified Chinese ( ie, applicable in mainland), thus, probably not relevant in hk
    I think they are referring to weather conditions at location of the video source, so doesn't matter where you are using the box.

Well, I've got to say, I'm still loving the Maige box service and content. I've got the TV in the lounge set up finally, and the got a feed to it. If services remains unaffected for the rest of my subscription, I'll definitely be renewing (or I'll purchase a newer model).

I went by Ap Liu Street the other day, the bloke that used to sell Maige boxes is still there, but he's much more secretive, I guess in case someone goes undercover to bust him again. I did ask if I could renew my sub with him in the future and that I had bought the box from him, and he said yes.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using GeoClicks mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by weweve:
    Thanks. This is what Maige support also told me not long ago.

Unfortunately it doesn't explain why I can't get ANY channels (although admittedly I haven't tried every single one). I'm getting progressively more cross as the support people I'm dealing with seem to be doing the classic HK thing of fobbing me off rather than providing any useful information. My box was fully working when it left HK. Now it's in the UK all my channels are blocked. Grrrr.

On a positive note, my UKTV HK is working just fine. I also noticed from the UK TV Everywhere website that they have a new improved box out. Very tempted to buy that one and bin Maige completely....just a shame as I'd quite like to keep on watching some of the Asian channels as I don't want to become totally European-centric!

emx likes this.

A quick update on my "HK-IP" Maige box. I can now see all 339 channels (38 pages).

The new channel is 395 - iConcerts HD.

Does anyone know if the Maige box will "lock" the Geo-location to its MAC address based on the very first IP it detects?

Attached is the new Maige TV Channel Listing for your retention.

Attached Files Attached Files
    bdw and shri like this.