Like Tree84Likes

FAQ: Riding a Motorcycle in Hong Kong *READ THIS FIRST*

Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 24 ... LastLast

Hi all

Going off the topic being discussed above, I've a query regarding licences (apologies if it has already been answered, i'm new!).

I only have a car licence in the UK, so if I complete the motorcycle test in Hong Kong and am then subjected to the 'P' plate for 12 months, how would I transfer this to a full UK licence if I left Hong Kong within the 12 months? After 12 months do I still need to go to Hong Kong driving department to collect the new full licence, or could II apply for this from the UK (baring in mind I won't be working in Hong Kong so won't have residential status).

A bit long winded, hope that makes sense!

Thanks

I think, and I might be wrong, you can send someone in proxy with a copy of you ID card and licence and letter authorising them to collect on your behalf.

RichAsh likes this.

I'm in the market for a Yamaha TW200 or 225, has anyone got any contacts for dealers selling these second hand? Or know of any private sellers.

Thanks

There was a TW in the motorcycles section of asiaxpat. Should be loads on ibike and 28car too.

Where can I buy motor bike insurance for L license?

call sabrina 6692 4013

Thanks I'm calling her now!

I should be picking up a CBR250R later this week. Need to get a bike lock and cover.

Any suggestions on the cover? I'll probably be parking outside at least some of the time, and want one with a heat shield so I can put it on immediately after a ride without waiting for the bike to cool down.

For the lock, I might just get a chain type, however any comments and models appreciated...

Lastly, any experience from readers of a reliable Honda mechanic?

I'll probably change the tyres to Pirelli's also, so any suggestion on shops for that also appreciated.

Apologies for the newbie questions.

Cheers,
    Tom

covers lock from moto mart - search ibike for contact..

honda mechanic? there are literally 100's - where are you?

Tires? Hong Kong is tiny - jus go to your mechanic - tell him what u want they can usually deliver the tires to the shop u want same day ( or so )

I know ACE carry pirilli tires tho - he also fixed my honda - he speaks english - his name is yuen.. his wife is abby shop number is. 2363 9351

Cheers Scrambler,

I'll pick up the bike tonight. The guy who's selling it to me is a nice guy and will take me to some shops to look for covers, locks, etc. He's local and been riding for 16yrs and seems pretty knowledgeable.

I'm on HK Island. I'm think of taking it to Kelly's to get a full service, with fluids and filters replaced, pads checked etc for a fresh start..

The existing tyres are Sawa brand which I've never heard of, so thinking to change to Pirelli which have been well reviewed for my bike.

Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 24 ... LastLast