Like Tree67Likes

Taking foreign spouse to UK

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Another reminder that things are no longer simple if you want to return to the UK with your non-EU spouse.

BBC News - Man faces deportation as UK wife's salary too low

shri likes this.

Wife just failed the knowledge of life in the UK test. No surprise. Without googling who can tell me what George II is known in history for?

Quote Originally Posted by Ern:
    Another reminder that things are no longer simple if you want to return to the UK with your non-EU spouse.

BBC News - Man faces deportation as UK wife's salary too low
    In that report it notes 43% of British workers do not earn enough to bring a non-EU spouse to the UK

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Wife just failed the knowledge of life in the UK test. No surprise. Without googling who can tell me what George II is known in history for?
    At a guess, coming after George I.

Did he lose America?

Edit. He was dead before the colonies broke away.

The number of people who would actually know the right answer is very small is my guess.
    Last edited by drumbrake; 13-12-2014 at 07:24 PM.

He won the 7 year war?

Wasn't George II the King who signed, in 2008, the agreement declaring UK to be China's first European colony?

Last edited by Jimmi James; 13-12-2014 at 09:09 PM.

or was that Gordon?

Have not found one Brit yet who knows the answer. Insane to expect foreigners to know it. There is a book you are supposed to memorise, George II doesn't even a merit in the index and only a couple of lines in the book itself. This test is just a money earner as far as I can see.

Printed off the form to extend the spouse visa, 71 fucking pages (NOT including the guidance notes). Plus a grand thanks.

Have not found one Brit yet who knows the answer. Insane to expect foreigners to know it. There is a book you are supposed to memorise, George II doesn't even a merit in the index and only a couple of lines in the book itself. This test is just a money earner as far as I can see.

Printed off the form to extend the spouse visa, 71 fucking pages (NOT including the guidance notes). Plus a grand thanks.
    Actually this sounds like a pretty valid test for life in Britain. All Brits know that our exams are designed to catch you out and you'll be tested on the most minute random piece of information that may never have even been mentioned in any course/class.

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast