Like Tree5Likes

South Horizon... Turning into a "Chinese Tourist oriented Outlet Mall"

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

if li ka shing is not involved, the most logical path of travel for the trains are to go from wong chuk hang to aberdeen. from aberdeen, to tin wan, then off to PFL and connects back to the island line.

why on earth would the trains go to south horzion? aberdeen has more residences, more businesses, more schools, and its real tourist destination.

Ap Lei Chau is one the densest populated places on the earth. Current bus transportation needs to all pass over the one bridge, so the train link was planned a long time ago.

Cho-man likes this.

When I lived there 20 years ago, it was a nice departure from the rest of HK. Now, no way would I live there. BTW Cho-man, it is "South Horizons" not "Southern Horizons".

Quote Originally Posted by BCD:
    Ap Lei Chau is one the densest populated places on the earth. Current bus transportation needs to all pass over the one bridge, so the train link was planned a long time ago.
    a nice bus ride from ap lei chau to wong shuk hang or aberdeen mtr would be perfect

South Island Line - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Aberdeen is on the eventual planned line for the south west island line ( also wan tin, cyberport and pok fu lam), south east line seems to prioritized probably as it links ocean park to mtr network , expect opening around 2024

Quote Originally Posted by threelittlepigs:
    When I lived there 20 years ago, it was a nice departure from the rest of HK. Now, no way would I live there. BTW Cho-man, it is "South Horizons" not "Southern Horizons".
    Thanks for the correction. But I stand by my original point. South Horizon is hardly what I would call the worse place to live in HK. The units aren't big and the residential area is dense, but that goes for most of HK. Nothing particularly extraordinary there. More average run-of-the-mill than really awful.

I'll say this, I do like the AP Lei Chau promenade next to the typhoon shelter.