Like Tree6Likes

Appeal for employment visa

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

An appeal would go to court and they would have to show immd didn't follow the laws correctly. A reconsideration just involves asking the immd to reasses your application but with additional new and relevant information.

Okay, thanks for your response. I presume they just asked IMMD to reconsider the application. I hope it all turns out well

Thanks again

It could be that she is 'considered' to be a non-native English speaker. Combined with the fact that she only has TEFL certificate might have lead to the rejection. I take it she does not have any significant teaching experience? She might well benefit from attending a CELTA course (or equivalent) to boost her qualifications.

Celta *is* a tefl certificate .Presumably the one month course was either Cambridge or trinity?

I am quite sure it was Cambridge. We just have to wait for this reconsideration, out of our hands for now

Quote Originally Posted by usehername:
    Celta *is* a tefl certificate .Presumably the one month course was either Cambridge or trinity?
    Quite right - I apologise for assuming otherwise. However, people are usually quick to distinguish a CELTA certificate from 'lesser' TEFL ones (e.g. online) hence my mistaken assumption.

Thanks all for the information. My girlfriend got her work visa today, after a reconsideration Happy days

Indeed , happy days !