Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jimbo

How to search for residences

Closed Thread

How to search for residences

Hi everyone again

We've only ever lived in the NT but, as mentioned before, we're thinking of moving to the island.

I saw Island Resort in Chai Wan which seemed to have everything we're looking for, but, for instance, we don't know if they accept pets (we have two dogs and a cat). Does anyone know?

Is there a convenient website that lists out the main features of each development with this type of information? Or is the only way to call around estate agents?

Originally our budget was about 20k, but I think we can stretch it to 30k. I think we'd like to live anywhere east of Wanchai (or possibly southside), and need a pet friendly 3-bed development, ideally with clubhouse etc. If you know of anywhere that I could then do some more research on please let me know!

Thanks

Ultimately it depends on the management company of the development.
    If it's MTR corp they don't allow pets.
    And also Landlords discretion too.

Why look at Island?
    You'll get more for your money Kowloon side.

nexus likes this.

I know we'll get better value for money kowloon side (and even better value for money in the NT, where we are now), but at this point it's a trade off we're willing to take to be closer to work (mostly for our kid's sake - my wife is returning to work so we a shorter commute).

Ok, so MTR is an absolute no-go, everywhere else, just need to speak with the estate agent then. Thanks