Victoria Kindergarten International school allocation

Closed Thread

Lightbulb Victoria Kindergarten International school allocation

Based on Victoria's website, most students graduate to local primary schools, only handful go to International schools. Anyone has the insights into their true International school allocation taking into account some students move on to International schools after K2?

Thanks!

Victoria Kindergarten International school allocation

Not quite sure what you are asking - do you want to know how many children go on to attend the IB primary and secondary school run by Victoria, after attending their kindergarten? Don't know why that would be important though.

No, I want to know how many students continue their education at International schools other than VSA and local kindergartens. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

You will have to ask the school as only they will know details like that.

But again, not sure why it is important. Assessing whether the school offers a stimulating and enriching environment which suits your child and that you are able to support at home is your best way of choosing a kindergarten.

Some parents are overly concerned about the potential onward educational path offered by schools. There is an extreme focus on getting their children into the 'top tier' schools.

Jmbf not just top tier. It is any international school. Very competitive.

If the point of education is to enable you to get more education at a nicer class of school, humanity is doomed. I have been to one of these international kindergartens and I found it a depressing experience. Learning letters and numbers and parroting sentences and coloring in pre drawn pictures with a colour scheme set by the 'teacher'.

I feel lucky my children went to a place where learning was through self-directed free play, and there wasn't a desk or a letter formation sheet in the place. And yet three of them were reading and writing before primary school, and the eldest now is now a research scientist. Early experiences are so important, the opportunity for learning should never be lost through formal teaching of under fives.