Freelance editor for women's travel and lifestyle website
Posted by: Worldette.com
Posted date: 2012-Jun-01
Location: HK - Hong Kong Island
Worldette.com is looking for a self-motivated and enthusiastic freelance editor to manage the content and writers on our site.
You should be a Hong Kong-based native English speaker (or with *exceptional* English standard)
The ideal candidate will be able to:
- approve story suggestions from writers - proof and edit content - insert keywords / phrases to articles - source images - answer emails enquiries to the site - manage content on wordpress - ie monitor comments, change slider images
2-3 hours per week. HK$2,000 per month. Ongoing project. Paid monthly.
This role will suit someone who:
- is enthusiastic and excited to work on a women’s travel site and as part of a larger movement that help women in the world - can meet deadlines - needs a reference for future positions and proof of being able to commit to a schedule - has some editorial experience or wants to gain more experience - is excited to join a team of international writers and editors based in locations all over the world - can use wordpress
- edit 3 -7 articles per week (articles are 300 - 500 words long). Chase writers when content is due (content will already be uploaded to wordpress by the writers) - format content to include headers, bullet points, internal links etc, if needed - add relevant key words / phrases - source images when needed - change slider and monitor comments on site - handle all email enquiries for the site / be the point of contact for writers - monthly meeting with the Publisher - for aroudn 30 mins
- a laptop / own computer - this a remote position - a google / gmail account. We use this to share ideas and documents - ability to commit to the site for at least six months
Additional requirements. These are not necessary but will be looked on favorably (if you have this experience please say in the application):
- know how to source images from Creative Commons on flickr or other picture websites - again please say if you are not familiar and training will be provided