Like Tree4Likes

The Visionary-Tung Chung

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The Visionary-Tung Chung

Has anyone visited the show flat of the new Tung Chung development called The Visionary ?

I heard the prices were reasonable!

Only negative point is that they will also build a public housing estate right next to it...

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian:
    Only negative point is that they will also build a public housing estate right next to it...
    And that's a bad thing why exactly?
    Fiona in HKG likes this.

Well it's a bad thing because it will affect the price once you want to sell your flat.

Well it's a bad thing because it will affect the price once you want to sell your flat.
    Unlikely

Vast majority of new builds are surrounded by public housing. And demand is still outstripping supply.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Unlikely

Vast majority of new builds are surrounded by public housing. And demand is still outstripping supply.
    True but I think that you can still sell it for a higher price if your flat is not right next to a public housing. So that's what I'm concerned about.

True but I think that you can still sell it for a higher price if your flat is not right next to a public housing. So that's what I'm concerned about.
    Well in that case, it wouldn't be reasonably priced at the start if it wasn't next to the public housing

I could understand your not wanting to live next to some of the more choice housing estates in the UK or French major cities, but here? The most anti-social thing I've seen is washing hanging outside the windows.

And most new apartments will be near to public housing estates, because there is always a component of that set by government when new land is released.

Fiona in HKG likes this.

I would be more worried about living in Tung Chung than I would be about living next to public housing.

Plan is to triple population in pub h. in TC

Quote Originally Posted by shenwen:
    I would be more worried about living in Tung Chung than I would be about living next to public housing.
    I already live in Tung Chung, and I love it there! A lot of space, my kids can play freely without being pushed by people or hit by cars!

Anyway, looks like The Visionary won't be the best choice after all. Will buy at Tung Chung Crescent!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast