Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gr.mk.ii

Nutritionist in HK?

Closed Thread

Nutritionist in HK?

hi...anyone knows where i can find a nutritionist around? i'm losing weight and getting very thin since coming to hk. do you think seeing a nutritionist can help?

btw, anyone knows how much it usually costs to consult one?

many thanks

You might want to consult a doctor to see if there's a chance your weight loss could be due to any medical problems.

If it's a diet issue, see a dietitian. Anyone can claim to be a 'nutritionist', and there's no real verification of qualifications for that title, so you won't know if the advice you're getting is valid. However, to be a dietitian, you have to be licensed, registered etc, so you know you're seeing someone qualified.

akqjt likes this.

i think it's because of the food. i'm in good shape when im at home. but everytime when i leave home for studies (6 months), work (1year) etc...I'll end up losing weight and gets really thin. So I'm thinking about consulting a nutritionist or maybe a dietitian like you suggested. You know of where I can consult one?

Quote Originally Posted by mad-d0g:
    hi...anyone knows where i can find a nutritionist around? i'm losing weight and getting very thin since coming to hk. do you think seeing a nutritionist can help?

btw, anyone knows how much it usually costs to consult one?

many thanks
    Hope you found the answer to what ailed you, or else here's some info I came across when on HKU SPACE's alumni site:

The Exercise Nutrition Referral Scheme, jointly organized by the Institute of Human Performance, HKU and HKU SPACE Dietetic Clinic for Teaching and Research, offers a new programme for those who are inactive or who have medical conditions that could benefit from prescribed exercise and nutrition advise. The scheme offers participants the opportunity to receive personalized counseling, assessment, exercise prescription, and dietary advise.

For enquiries, please contact HKU SPACE Dietetic Clinic
    Email: [email protected]
    Tel: 3761-1008

Never personally consulted their dieticians (often in training), so don't know how their clinic's run, but attended seminars there on nutrition & health - was OK (though their English was so-so).

BTW, no exact medical knowledge, but think maybe your losing lots of weight in spite of normal eating here, and sometimes lacking in the usual viz & vim, could be related to your thyroid gland activity in "hyper" mode?

Best to have a word with your doctor / dietician. They'll check it out with a straightforward blood test IF your symptoms indeed calls for it. Do you have sleep problems, too?

Sensible to sort it out rather than tolerating this prolonged more-than-seasonal BLUES...

Nutrionist in Hong Kong

Yes, have worked with a nutrionist at www.central-nutrition.com on weight, detox and hormonal imbalances.
    Worth going for a consult, after a few weeks, my energy levels were high and I managed to reach my target weight!

Last edited by soulgirl; 05-03-2014 at 09:15 PM.

I suggest u should have a body check first to understand your body n blood situation.

I know a medical center can provide such service n u can obtain the medical report on the same date. Then meet the doctor, nutritionist at the same day without extra charge

Pm me if u need the info

tabletop
    Quote Originally Posted by soulgirl:
    after a few weeks, my energy levels were high and I managed to reach my target weight!
    After a few weeks? Really? Sounds legit.