Like Tree13Likes

Mainland Chinese wife wanting to give birth in HK

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Mainland Chinese wife wanting to give birth in HK

My wife is mainland chinese and I'm a U.S. citizen. I have a HK ID (work visa and not a permanent residences ID) but my wife doesn't. We just found out that she's pregnant and we want her to give birth in HK. I have the following questions. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1) Apparently the new rules stipulates that if I don't have a permanent residence ID, my wife can not give birth in HK because she only has a PRC passport. IS this true?

2) If I get my wife to apply for a dependency visa, will they allow her to give birth in HK?

3) how easy is it to get this dependency visa for my wife? Apparently I heard it's tough for mainland chinese to get any status in HK.

thank you for your help.

Where does your wife live? Does she have residency anywhere other than the PRC?

3. Mainland Chinese have to queue up. The quota is 150 approved visa per day and in reality it will take 5 years on average to get the application approved. I am not sure if you have to be permanent resident.

Last edited by Drunken Master; 07-01-2014 at 12:02 AM.

If you have just got a work visa you can sponsor her as a normal dependent.

http://www.immd.gov.hk/en/services/h...guideline.html

This entry arrangement does not apply to :
    Chinese residents of the Mainland (except for those whose sponsors have been admitted to take up employment as professionals or full-time tertiary study under schemes or arrangement, or whose sponsors have been admitted as entrants under the Capital Investment Entrant Scheme or the Quality Migrant Admission Scheme);
    wtbhotia likes this.

Yep. Just apply for a dependents visa and she'll get a HKID and the medical priveleges that come with it in a month or so assuming everything is in order on your end as the sponsor.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using GeoClicks mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Chinaski101:
    Yep. Just apply for a dependents visa and she'll get a HKID and the medical priveleges that come with it in a month or so assuming everything is in order on your end as the sponsor.
    Except no, because that doesn't apply to PRC citizens who are resident in the mainland.
    emx and Dankleness like this.

Quote Originally Posted by vmlinuz:
    Where does your wife live? Does she have residency anywhere other than the PRC?
    My wife lives in Shenzhen. No residency other than PRC. I'm trying to get her a green card, but the process takes forever, and will not be ready by the time she delivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Master:
    3. Mainland Chinese have to queue up. The quota is 150 approved visa per day and in reality it will take 5 years on average to get the application approved. I am not sure if you have to be permanent resident.
    Hi, the visa process takes 5 years even if I'm sponsoring her as a dependent?

Quote Originally Posted by HKHK154:
    http://www.immd.gov.hk/en/services/h...guideline.html

This entry arrangement does not apply to :
    Chinese residents of the Mainland (except for those whose sponsors have been admitted to take up employment as professionals or full-time tertiary study under schemes or arrangement, or whose sponsors have been admitted as entrants under the Capital Investment Entrant Scheme or the Quality Migrant Admission Scheme);
    thank you! sounds like sponsoring her as a dependent is the best way to go.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast