Like Tree7Likes

Prolotherapy in Hong Kong?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

As I understand it it works by counter irritant effect or similar . So the science is possible . The business about channels is just a religious belief . That's why people ask ' do you believe in Chinese medicine ' ? Just like herbs act through a drug effect ,toxicity not through humors.

Tigersun 4 : wolfytroll 0

I don't see why Tigersun is arguing this so hard. Prolotherapy doesn't seem like particularly alternative medicine - just medicine that hasn't been shown to be dramatically that effective. It's had its own Cochrane review, and a few other systematic reviews - that in itself means it was at least considered a serious possibility by the (Western) medical community. Those studies did not conclusive show that there was no benefit (as they would if this was really quack medicine like homeopathy). Their conclusions are that there is some benefit in some people, but not significant enough to recommend it as a effective treatment when there are better choices around.

It would be a more productive use of your time to move this argument over to the acupuncture, chiropractor or homeopathy thread.

Last edited by MyCsPiTTa; 31-08-2014 at 08:54 AM.

TigerSun, it seems clear that you take your job of denouncing quackery very seriously, and I applaud you for that, as I do your 3 extra years registered on Geo. For the record, I am equally a skeptic on most counts. I don't even consider organic food as much more than marketing fluffery.

Quote Originally Posted by MyCsPiTTa:
    I don't even consider organic food as much more than marketing fluffery.
    In that case, you must be a shill for Monsanto