Quote Originally Posted by danielt:
I used to be asthmatic as a kid but grew out of it, but occasionally I would find it hard to breathe when I've been in a smoky room for awhile (ie. some bars and clubs). I've found that my ezcema (red rashes on my fingers) has gotten alot worse since relocating to HK (from Australia). I haven't been able to pinpoint what triggers it, maybe its the air pollution in general and not so much my diet, but has anyone else come across this problem?
I have this problem, having had eczema that I grew out of, and on coming to HK, it re-emerged along with asthma. If you drank milk in Australia, then it is unlikely to be your morning coffee causing the problem.

I put it down to the pollution, and the water to some extent. I find taking a shower here to cause a red itchy rash as soon as I get out of the shower. I notice my asthma is definitely worse on high-pollution days. As I also have contact allergies to some metals,I suspect the recent study showing that the pollution here has much elevated levels of metal particulates may point to some of the reason.

All symptoms disappear once I am out of HK for a week. There is little to be done apart from symptom relieve except put up with it, or listen to what your body is trying to tell you and leave HK!