Like Tree9Likes

Self Harming - terrible condition

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought:
    Whatever the cause, that is what has to be dealt with and not the cutting/self-harm itself, which as you rightly point out, is a coping mechanism.

I do wonder what has driven his daughter to inflict harm on herself and hope it isn't in any manner related to his role as CE.
    It might be related or maybe not, but whatever the case, I think people should give CY's family some privacy in this matter. Fat chance of that happening I guess with today's media, but I personally think there should be a line drawn over CY's public duties and his personal family life.
    East_coast likes this.

She's been interviewed via Facebook. She says its not related to her father's public role.

Poor girl... I feel bad for her.

http://www2.hkej.com/instantnews/cur...A9%B1%E9%8C%84

Last edited by z754103; 28-06-2014 at 08:33 PM.

>> She's been interviewed via Facebook. She says its not related to her father's public role.

Poor girl... I feel bad for her.

I've only been online for about six years and this kind of thing is still strange for me. The self-harm is distressing - but also almost unrestrained candour about personal and family life!

- - - - - -

To go back to the report and the figures cited by East_coast. I thought the figures were too high, and they are misleading. After all, when you were at school, did nearly one fellow-pupil out of twenty attempt suicide?

Most of the self-harm is minor, for example scratching badly enough to cause bleeding.

As for attempted suicide: "Of the 152 students who attempted suicide, approximately 15% reported that their attempts had resulted in an injury or poisoning that required medical treatment."

Even those figures are disturbing

http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/a...thtub?page=all

From a comment:

The only thing I found amusing was when looking at the pic, the daughter and the mother mismatched their shoes so that each is wearing one shoe of of the other's pair..........definitely some serious problems here.........

Scarily enough, it's true.

Seriously messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    It is an open face book page.

Interesting to see the tabs she had open on her browser.

1st "Attack on occupy central"
    2nd Photo of self harming
    3rd Apple Daily

but still does Hong Kong's up or out education system increase the propensity of kids here to self harm as a way relieving stress?
    Sure it does. Kids should be kids. They shouldn't be forced into adult situations that they are not emotionally mature enough to handle.

aoutch! if only it was that easy.... external pain infliction (cutting, burning, etc.) is a reflection of the pain and turmoil inside, reaching near unbearable levels. rather than "call for attention", a "desperate cry for help" might be more appropriate statement....