Like Tree28Likes

fatigue, stress....

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

I had the same fatigue problem as you, always tired in the morning. I discovered that a low carb diet leaves me wake up refreshed and I even need less hours of sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:

Worth trying over a period of a couple of weeks ... cheaper than going to a doctor.
    Also, an alternative source of magnesium can also come from getting it from bathing salt. Fun and relaxing.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Master:
    I had the same fatigue problem as you, always tired in the morning. I discovered that a low carb diet leaves me wake up refreshed and I even need less hours of sleep.
    low carb replacing it with...?
    shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bsc1280:
    thanks guys
    i have been to canossa and sanatormium sleep clinic and got my sleep study done there

the thing is that they said I am fine and can take the mahcine off and shoudl excercise, lose weight etc etc
    no i havent lost much weight but i do excercise a few time a week. the problem is that I havent come across anyone who really specializes in fatigue and the related issues
    Have you actually taken the advice provided? Ie lost weight and increased exercise. From experience I can tell you it's more than worth the effort. Better than any pill.

Sent from my SM-N900 using GeoClicks mobile app
    JohnHK39 likes this.

i would have to admit. I love carbs and have to literally fight with myself not to have it. and my diet is quite rich in carbs too. Slices of bread in morning, baguet ein evening . etc

that can be an issue, Drunken master, what did you take to make it low carbs. can carbs cause all these issyes?

Quote Originally Posted by Creative83:

low carb replacing it with...?
    Less sugar, rice, bread, pasta

Quote Originally Posted by bsc1280:
    i would have to admit. I love carbs and have to literally fight with myself not to have it. and my diet is quite rich in carbs too. Slices of bread in morning, baguet ein evening . etc

that can be an issue, Drunken master, what did you take to make it low carbs. can carbs cause all these issyes?
    Some people have glucose problems when they eat too much carbs. Just google for more info. Now I eat less rice, bread, pasta, (fruit) sugar and the fatigue disappeared.
    shri likes this.

your are probably the Hot & Humid type Find Out your Body Type according to Chinese Medicine. your symptoms sounds classic. of course less carbs and more exercise will help, but you probably also want to work on why you have cravings for carbs, etc

you could try a good TCM doctor such as Dr Guo at Chinese Medicine Clinic - Chinese Medicine Clinic in Hong Kong - Oriental Health

You don't have to cut OUT carbs to lower the amount you eat. I realised when I tried to lose weight years ago that my problem (one of them anyway!) was that I was just using the wrong serving sizes. Sounds silly, but actually it's REALLY easy to just eat too much food. For example, instead of a whole plate of pasta, I made it half a platte of pasta and half a plate of salad .. looked much the same, tasted much the same, about half the calories and half the carbs. I expected (at first) to feel less full after, but that was actually not the case! We just eat too much. It's habit. It's not actually that hard to change; and while it sounds trite, the only thing you need to change is to want to. Having been through it myself, I know this to be true. When I finally decided I wanted to (after years of half-hearted efforts which didn't actually involve such a fundamental decision), it was simple. Took a few years (to lose 21kg) but slow and steady, lifestyle changes rather than diets are the way to go.

And re the energy/fatigue - hard to express how much more energy I found I had; while eating less and exercising more! It resets your body's metabolism back to "normal". And yes. I know. Doing exercise (REAL exercise, not that half-hearted 20 min walk on a flat treadmill you pretend is exercise) is daunting when you feel exhausted. But once you do force yourself to do it, and realise you feel less exhausted when you finish! It becomes easier. Find something you enjoy and get into it.

Peter Mak likes this.

ok some symptoms that are so typical for me
    1. I feel thirsty very often, i got my fatsing sugar level checked and it was fine
    2. I have tired eyes, especially teh area above and below my eyes. The forehead has contatnt pain in it. Shoulders and necks muscles are stressed and pain, as well as the areas at the back of the head
    3. wake up tired. feel tried easily. have contact feeling of tiredness that I have got so used to. I sometimes wonder how can I function (i do work normally or atleast I try to) with such feeling of triedness
    4. overweiight, height 6feet 2 inches and i weigh 105 kgs
    5. excercise: play badminton once a week. walk 5-6 times a week. brisk walk for 5-6 kms
    6. i have cravings for sweets. and then for carbs. really feel elevated after having ice creams, muffin, brownies or carbs liek bakey products, chips etc
    Now i have got some many options and I am confused as where to start from
    Options
    1. mangneium suplements for better sleep
    2. go see one of the homepathic doctors at IMI but no one seems to have tried them
    3. reduce carbs and excericse. well a lot of people have sao dthat to me and I am going to do this
    4. seen some chinese medicine professional
    please keep the good advice coming
    thanks

OP, the first thing you have to do is lose weight, through changing your diet and upping the exercise. You can't narrow down the cause until you eliminate the obvious. Certainly the amount of refined carbs you are eating through white bread could do with looking at.

Try replacing toast in the morning with a bowl of porridge. It is quick to make in a microwave. If you have a sweet tooth start with a teaspoon of sugar, and then gradually reduce that down to nothing. Add some berries to it as well.

When I swapped from processed breakfast 'cereals' and toast to porridge and berries it made a world of difference to the way I felt during the day. I got the family on it as well, and after initial resistance, especially to the no sugar, my 10 year old loves it and my husband remarks how it has stopped him snacking in the morning because he feels fill until lunchtime.

And kick the baguette out in the evenings, go for something that is slow release energy - chicken, fish, salad. If you can't ditch the bread habit, make sure you only buy multigrain dense breads. Carbs aren't bad as such, and our bodies need them, but refined processed carbs like in white bread etc are not good. The more processed a product is, the easier it is for our bodies to break it down and release the energy, which leads to huge peaks and troughs in blood sugar.

Do take Shri's advice on the chelated magnesium. It helped me a lot with sleep problems from restless leg syndrome.

And please, before you going wasting money of unproven remedies like homeopathy or TCM, do the diet and exercise thing, lose weight, and reassess where you are. If you still have issues, go back to the sleep centre you went to first, or talk to your GP.

HK_Katherine likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast