Help please

Closed Thread

Unhappy Help please

Im came to Hong Kong 2 days ago.
    And I don't know any doctors.
    Im pregnant 4 weeks, and I need to go to famle gnicology Dr, to do same test to see that evrething is good.
    My first question is: anyone know what the process of the tasting: which regular test I need to do now ?
    I need to do ultrasound, where I do that : hospital or privet Dr?
    you have any suggestions for a famle Dr?
    What about the insurance? I have hk visa, how I can do insurance that cover everything I need for pregnancy, like ultrasound and test blood?
    Please help me. ...
    Thank you ! )

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Where do you live?

Also, have you arranged to get your ID card?

Last edited by Claire ex-ax; 05-11-2014 at 02:35 PM.

Once you get your HK ID card, you are well covered by the public health system, which if I remember correctly has the safest places to give birth in the world.

If cost is an issue, register at one of the public hospitals. Queen Mary and Eastern on HK Island probably have more English-speaking staff than those in the New Territories. There are posters here who have been fine with public hospitals in the New Territories too. You get all you scans and checkups done at the hospital or at associated clinics.

If cost is not an issue you could consider going private, but costs can be very high and quality varies a lot (i.e. some doctors are good, some are absolutely bloody terrible). The only thing you're really guaranteeing with a private OB is that you see the same doctor each visit- in the public system you see whoever is on duty.

I live in mid level sentral.
    And I hane id hk.
    How I can make insurance health that caver all I need ? Which company I should call?

Might want to take a look at Hong Kong Baby and Pregnancy Community - GeoBaby.Com - Hong Kong GeoBaby

Health insurance will not work, since you're already pregnant, they will not cover you for the pregnancy or related costs.

if you have HK ID card then go to Queen Mary Hospital

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

No insurance company will give you coverage when you are already pregnant.

Here is a list of the government maternity clinics. Family Health Service - Maternal and Child Health Centres Call for an appointment.

They will not do a scan at 4 weeks, but you can get that done privately at 6 weeks (someone else please confirm).

Last edited by Claire ex-ax; 05-11-2014 at 03:15 PM.

If you go private, you can probably get scans done every bloody week as that's a pretty dependable revenue stream for a private clinic.