Like Tree19Likes

Poisoned by my underwear

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by ravenstar:
    Avoid all bras from Marks and Spencer, especially ones with foam liners.
    I've been wearing M&S underwear for years with no problem. If anything makes me itch, it is lace and cosmetics and creams et al by commercial brands such as Lancome, estee Lauder, shiseido etc..I break out in a rash or sting. Then again, these might not affect anyone else. OP must be allergic to a certain fibre. My sister can't go near anything that contains down.

Quote Originally Posted by Natfixit:
    I've been wearing M&S underwear for years with no problem. If anything makes me itch, it is lace and cosmetics and creams et al by commercial brands such as Lancome, estee Lauder, shiseido etc..I break out in a rash or sting. Then again, these might not affect anyone else. OP must be allergic to a certain fibre. My sister can't go near anything that contains down.
    I too have been wearing M&S for years (pretty much my whole life actually!). Never had a problem with fabrics; have had problems with washing powders in the past and also find that in HK if you exercise in the heat in the wrong kind of clothes it's very easy to get heat rash, which is red and itchy too. So it's not always clear cut exactly what the cause of these things is.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    I too have been wearing M&S for years (pretty much my whole life actually!). Never had a problem with fabrics; have had problems with washing powders in the past and also find that in HK if you exercise in the heat in the wrong kind of clothes it's very easy to get heat rash, which is red and itchy too. So it's not always clear cut exactly what the cause of these things is.
    My husband buys some of his clothes et al from M&S and prefers them to other brands, and I buy the family clothes from there as well for Christmas gifts which they seem to like. I have heard to stay away from fabric softeners as they have been known to cUse allergies. The only fibre allergies I have suffered are bed sheets with polyester ( can only sleep on 100% cotton) as I scratch like crazy. Once I bought an expensive top from Saba in Melbourne which made me itch, so in the end, had to donate to charity.