Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Claire ex-ax

immunization shots for baby

Closed Thread

immunization shots for baby

Hi,

My wife and daughter just moved to HK as dependents and i need to get my daughters 6 month immunization shots.
    the problem is that my companies policy states that they will not provide the private health care until next financial year as i did not inform them 31 days prior to my daughter being born.
    As babies don't have HK ID's , will i have have to pay full costs for the check up and immunization as a non-resident?

Her visa is in her passport and i assume the doctor will just treat my daughter as a non resident as she has a overseas passport.

how do HK residents normally prove their babies are HK residents?

thanks in advance!

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

With a dependent visa, your child is classified as a Hong Kong resident: "children who are Hong Kong residents and under 11 years of age" (General public - fees). This is only necessary for government health centres; private ones only need payment.

Last edited by Claire ex-ax; 21-01-2015 at 01:46 PM.
    wtbhotia likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    Great info from DeletedUser, find the nearest Family Health Service and call them up to book appointment using the new case telephone number.

Once you have the appointment and when you go to the health clinic they will give you a booklet with your kids info and all future shots, weight / height mesurement will be recorded in this booklet, you will also give an email address, they will send you emails giving you info when your child reaches certian months what you should be doing with them, feeding them etc.

Its great service and its FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE if your a HK resident/Visa holder

Thanks guys, Very useful information.

are these Maternal and Child Health Centres doctors that do the shots themselves?

Last edited by storm08; 21-01-2015 at 03:33 PM.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by storm08:

So will i have to register with the family health center before attending the doctor?
    Registration information is on the website: Registration for Service and the necessary form - Child - First Registration, which states "Please return the completed form to registration counter on the day of your first appointment".
    Last edited by Claire ex-ax; 21-01-2015 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by storm08:

So will i have to register with the family health center before attending the doctor?
    If you want to use the family health center then you must register / book appointment either in person or by telephone. If you want to learn more I suggest you physically go there and speak to the registration counter face to face, take all documents with you.

The shots are all given by Nurses only.

thanks so much. understood