• 2 Post By nitsujri
  • 1 Post By Natfixit
  • 1 Post By Natfixit
  • 1 Post By nitsujri

Beetroot Capsules/Pills

Closed Thread

Beetroot Capsules/Pills

Hi guys,

Looking for Beetroot Capsules similar to this on amazon. For my high blood pressure. Most of the supplement threads here are about protein and stuff.

Anyone know where I might be able to find them?

Thanks,
    Justin

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

I don't know about buying them in Hong Kong, but you can purchase them online.

iHerb has them at US$6.61. If you buy two, the postage is US4.45. If you buy four (extra 2.5% discount), the postage for some reason drops to US$2.

Nature's Way, Beet Root, 500 mg, 100 Capsules - iHerb.com

nitsujri likes this.

Thanks Claire, this was awesome and a set of 4 bottles is on the way.

Active exercise also reduces blood pressure. Unless you are some tycoon's PA or a diehard workaholic, then I suggest to forget about beetroot pills ( snake oil) and get out of the city, walk at your own pace, listen to relaxing music or fresh air ( yep, it can be done in HK) and eat some healthy not so fatty processed food. Blood pressure reduced in no time. Cut back on the sodium, too.

HowardCoombs likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Natfixit:
    Active exercise also reduces blood pressure. Unless you are some tycoon's PA or a diehard workaholic, then I suggest to forget about beetroot pills ( snake oil) and get out of the city, walk at your own pace, listen to relaxing music or fresh air ( yep, it can be done in HK) and eat some healthy not so fatty processed food. Blood pressure reduced in no time. Cut back on the sodium, too.
    With beetroot, there have been plenty of studies showing its effects (bp, running, etc)’’ that are beyond placebo plus anecdotal from reviews.

But, all that aside, I run around the TKO sports ground 4-5 times a week, cook 4 days/week, avoid salts and msg (best I can anyway), and to top it off, I'm 32. I measure bp daily and without anything, I'm 140/100. On Lisinopril @ 40mg, I'm ~130/90. With running, cooking, and avoiding salts, I'm ~125/84.

I 100% agree with everything that you suggested, but sometimes genetics simply cannot be beat.

If I can cut out the Lisinopril w/ beetroots. I'm all for it @ US$6.50/bottle. And hey, if a sugar pill cures my cancer, I'll gladly pay thousands for it.
    shri and TheBrit like this.

I am vegetarian since I was a small child, love beetroot and have read up on the nutritional value of just about every vegetable there is as I dislike popping pills. Beetroot does a wonder liver detox, blood cleanse, iron, general wellbeing. Why not roast a quartered fresh beet with kumara and pumpkin that has been marinated raw with garlic, Balsamic and grapeseed oil till cooked? Delish! Also will be much better for you than popping a manufactured pill.

Last edited by Natfixit; 28-01-2015 at 07:40 PM.
    HowardCoombs likes this.

Cayenne pepper has the ability to lower blood pressure

Quote Originally Posted by Natfixit:
    I am vegetarian since I was a small child, love beetroot and have read up on the nutritional value of just about every vegetable there is as I dislike popping pills. Beetroot does a wonder liver detox, blood cleanse, iron, general wellbeing. Why not roast a quartered fresh beet with kumara and pumpkin that has been marinated raw with garlic, Balsamic and grapeseed oil till cooked? Delish! Also will be much better for you than popping a manufactured pill.
    Ugh, website update started pulling in links. Now my post looks all spammy.

Being honest and forward, I feel I'm being judged by a homeopathic/naturalist person. I mean no disrespect, but please see there is more than surface deep of "everything must be natural".

So, why beetroot pills vs beetroots? Convenience.

For me as I imagine most people. The amount of beets I would need to juice or consume to equate the capsule form is staggering.

Being very price conscious, at US$6.50 or ~HK$50 I get 100 pills. 2 per dose, and 3 doses a day which is about 15 days worth of beetroot pills costing at HK$3/day. Beets start at HK$10/day (wet market) and if I was to juice (juicing is method of choice, cooking is less effective) more beets are needed raising the price higher still.

There is the question of effective uptake of dried/pill form vs natural. It's pretty well known that almost every extracted/concentrated form of something the body doesn't uptake it as well, so the doses are a little larger to compensate.

Lastly, there is a statement of trust of the manufacturers. I largely trust nature's way as millions of people do in America to only put in exactly what needs to go in to make a capsule form of beetroot. I understand many don't trust, which is fine.

Please remember, I'm not even sure if beetroot will be able to take over or even aid my Lisinopril to allow smaller doses. But I'm willing to get it a shot because I believe manufactured drugs are way worse than manufactured beetroot pills.

Which leads back to convenience. I don't get to choose to skip my BP meds; not if I want a chance to be 80 years old. I need something to be convenient and effective such that I don't miss a dose and maintain less than 120/80.

If you can do that, incredibly impressive, but I cannot. I'd go mad consuming beets 3x per day for the rest of my life, let alone preparing.
    TheBrit likes this.