Asus P525

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Asus P525

I'be been messing around in the office with one of these for a week and am pretty impressed. Just wondering if anyone has any good experince with these before I go out and spend my hard earned on one.

Points I like: Wi-fi is simple and quick, the word/excel viewers are pretty good, the push email works very well and the whole design is pretty good - not as huge as your normal PDA and not as resricted as an ordinary phone. Actually it's pretty slim.

Points I don't like: Battery life ain't great if you don't put it down and I'm not exactly sold on WindowsMobile 5.0.

I've been looking for a phone/pda solution for a while now and this thing seems to fit my criteria but I just want to know how others have got on with this device.

I use the O2 XDA Exec myself and WM5 isn't too bad mate...

Almost bought one today, they do look pretty good its that one or the Gygabyte G smart thats on my list at the moment.

jay - how big is the xda exec? Just taken a quick look at the specs and it supports 3G as well which the Asus doesn't. So an interesting option.

jimbo, I took a look at the Gigabyte one as well, but it's a pretty bulky beast to put in your pocket. Sure to impress the girls though!

Quote Originally Posted by jaykay:

jimbo, I took a look at the Gigabyte one as well, but it's a pretty bulky beast to put in your pocket. Sure to impress the girls though!
    True its bulky but then theres the i version which is smaller.

The O2 XDA Exec/Dopod 9000 is even bigger!

jaykay...(interesting, those are my initials) the XDA Exec is too bulky for many...about 4-5" long, 3" wide and 3/4" thick. It's a cool lookin gadget though.

Back in Toronto now - after 10 1/2 years in HK
    Quote Originally Posted by jaykay:
    jay - how big is the xda exec? Just taken a quick look at the specs and it supports 3G as well which the Asus doesn't. So an interesting option.

You mean the proud owner will get to hear things like - "Is that an XDA/Exec or Gigabyte in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?"

haha...i was running around with my XDA Exec and a PSP in my pockets today. I'm lucky I'm a big guy, I can get away with it

I use a qtek 9100 (same as Dopod 838) and think its awesome. I have the slower 200mhz processor which lasts up to a week depending on how hard I use it.

I use Peoples unlimited GPRS which is convenient. Wifi is great but eats power like crazy and I'm out within 4 hours... With GPRS I can be online 24hours and still have about 60% battery life (not that I really need that).

WM5 is great but you have to remember to get a task manager to close programs after you use them. Microsoft's "smart minimize" is dumb kills your battery-life and pda speed.

Heres great site for free useful software: http://www.pocketpcfreewares.com/en/index.php

If price is important. Probably not since the Asus is like $5200 you should check out the yahoo auctions and buy direct. Its often $1500-$2000 cheaper than the street price.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast