Used Macintosh Computers in HK??

Closed Thread

Used Macintosh Computers in HK??

Odd question to be sure but does anyone know where I can buy a used Mac in HK? Prefereably something like a IIci or similar machine.

Many thanks.

Mario

There are quite a few places you can get them from:

1) Wanchai computer centre has 2 places, one of which is on the second floor and is the official second hand dealer of Designer Group which is one of the agents for Mac in HK. There is another place in there on your way up to the second floor which has the occasional 2nd hand Mac.
    2) 298 Hennessey computer centre has a second hand Mac dealer opposite the official Mac dealer in the building in the far corner of the second floor. There is another unofficial place on the top floor.
    3) Discobay or one of the other more computer savvy guys put up a link here a couple of months ago to a website which sells second hand computers, a section of which deals with Macs.
    4) There is another Mac shop in the big computer centre in Causeway Bay oppposite Ikea which may be able to help you out. There are loads of places which will have machines from old Performas through to G5's.

Great!

Many, many thanks Lammarite. Do you think the prices in all the places you mention will be comparable or would you point me more in one direction?

It depends how specific you want to be with your machine. The Mac approved centre gives you more peace of mind but will charge a bit more. You also know that they will have been a bit more circumspect when buying/trading in a 2nd hand machine. They will probably offer a warranty of some sort.

There are a couple shops in New Capital Computer Plaza in Sham Shui Po that sell used Macs. It's near Golden, you can find the address in Centamap.

Quote Originally Posted by mvaldeslora:
    Odd question to be sure but does anyone know where I can buy a used Mac in HK? Prefereably something like a IIci or similar machine.

Many thanks.

Mario
    I am not sure where to buy these but I own six Macintosh machines I can let go a few of them.

iMac G5 1.8 GHz
    Mac Mini 1.45 GHz (Reserved)
    PowerMac Quicksilver 867 MHz
    PowerMac Beige G3 300 MHz (Collector Item)
    PowerMac 7600 120 MHz (Collector Item)
    Macintosh Quadra 650 (Collector Item)

The first Apple machine I had was a Mac IIcx. The cost of that machine was over US$5000 IIRC.