Like Tree10Likes

Tablet computers (i.e. similar to iPad)

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

I'm starting to look at the Samsung Galaxy Tab now, anyone with experience of using this device?

With the preview of Honeycomb and Android 3.0, along with the pending arrival of iPad 2, I can't imagine buying any tablet in the next 30-60 days unless they need a drink coaster sometime this Summer.

Google Officially Posts Android 3.0 Sneak Peak, Touts “Holographic” UI

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsix:
    With the preview of Honeycomb and Android 3.0, along with the pending arrival of iPad 2, I can't imagine buying any tablet in the next 30-60 days unless they need a drink coaster sometime this Summer.

Indeed, the new proposed Motorola Xoom looks extremely sexy! Dual-core processor, and a reported 10 hours of video playback time! It seems the Septics may get this first....

Quote Originally Posted by AGxM:
    Indeed, the new proposed Motorola Xoom looks extremely sexy! Dual-core processor, and a reported 10 hours of video playback time! It seems the Septics may get this first....
    And the as of yet unnamed Toshiba tablet also has a Tegra 2 Dual Core processor and a 1600 x 800 resolution screen.

My favorite so far is the Asus Eee Pad Transformer, although the proposed pricing seems a bit high.

ASUS Tablet Computers — Providing Choice through Innovation at CES 2011 | ASUS for CES 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Stoob:
    I'm starting to look at the Samsung Galaxy Tab now, anyone with experience of using this device?
    I got this yesterday and I am very impressed. It comes with a call plan, has front and rear-facing cameras and overall the thing is very stable. I have loaded this with videos, games, e-books and music and it is handling everything I have thrown at it. A perfect size too, really. Skype voice call is out and the quality is excellent - Skype video is out shortly (allegedly). Really top banana.

I just got the Archos 101 internet tablet today.
    Gonna give it a few days and post what i think of it.
    But after playing around with it for 1 hour so far it's totally awesome.

shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsix:

Sure, and then in 6 months there'll be an Android 4.0 on a quad core tablet with a gazillion gigs :-). Reminds me making the wise decision to buy VHS over Beta then years later resisting buying a minidisc player!!

Well here is a short update.
    Battery life is far beyond my expextatios, screen is fair the viewing angles are not that great.
    Its very responsive, and flash works, even streaming flv from southparkstudios.com was smooth but scaling was an issue and fullscreen is not supported.
    No google marketplace out of the box, but takes just seconds to get it. Archos owh applib store is a joke.
    Usb support and by far the best video player for android is a real bonus.

Currently i give it 8.5 / 10
    Posted via Mobile Device

I have managed to hold off so far...

...What are the latest recommendations for tablet devices based on newly/soon to be released kit?