Like Tree17Likes

New Samsung S6 Revealed

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thumbs up New Samsung S6 Revealed

Yes, I am a Android fangirl, and yes I will be getting this

Samsung's new Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge put design first | The Verge

Will you get the Edge or the Standard?

M9 also looks good, but I'm interested in the Sony Aqua M4. Good price point.

I'd go for the Edge, but interesting to note the HTC now has a SD card slot and the Sammy doesn't......this was a deal breaker for me not getting the HTC One so I'm guessing the cost may be the decider. If I can get the 64GB Sammy for a good price then I'll get that, but if the cost is too prohibitive then I may go back to HTC.

Ahhh the days of smartphone history....HTC Canary
    HTC Canary - Smartphone History

I wonder about the "put design first ". To me it looks exactly as S3, S4 and S5.

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    I wonder about the "put design first ". To me it looks exactly as S3, S4 and S5.
    So it looks 'Mehh.......'
    derryainsworth likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Will you get the Edge or the Standard?

M9 also looks good, but I'm interested in the Sony Aqua M4. Good price point.
    too very different products, a HK$5000 aluminum flagship (m9) with it's predecessor Achilles heels removed (the low resolution ultra pixel camera)

M4 aqua is a HK$2400 mid range with much lower specification, more for the xiaomi market, but even then the year old xperia z1 can be purchased new for HK$2900, this competes with the m7/8, but at the cheap, causes problem to sony, the mid range market is either dominated by xiaomi or savvy ones go for the former ( still almost flagship specifications) flagships but at much price level
    Last edited by imparanoic; 03-03-2015 at 09:20 PM.

edge version is state of the art, others will follow, removing the sd card may be a deal break though! especially is targeted at HK$5500 for the 16gb version

M9 is marginal improvements on m8 (htc one 2014)

No replaceable battery or so card slot. Wtf are they thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by methosb:
    No replaceable battery or so card slot. Wtf are they thinking.
    non removable battery is trade for high quality build, ie, metal and glass, minimal plastic

the unique of edge design/curved screen apparently compensates for no sd card ( to some deal breaker), direct competition for iphone 6 as same price level
    shri likes this.

I have owned an S3 and S4...and they were both quite rubbish (battery life, switching on and off for no reason, can't hear when calling etc etc). Hope this is better.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast