Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By DJ008
  • 1 Post By DJ008

prepaid mobile phone providers in Hong Kong

Closed Thread

prepaid mobile phone providers in Hong Kong

I stayed in Hong Kong around twice per year for a few weeks. I typically pick up a prepaid mobile SIM+few calling minutes at the convenient stores. The next trip, this SIM always expired. I am never able to get an online account on these prepaid mobile SIM.

I am light call user. I pick up low cost GSM phone in Kowloon. I have tried PCCW, Peoples, Smartone,

What do you recommend I should do in my future trips?

Thank you.

Peoples has cards from 38 if I remember correctly and they last 6 months from date of activation. Whenever u refill within the 6 months, it extends it another 6 months.
    Posted via Mobile Device

young707 likes this.

I have used People's SIM at HKD48 and lasted 180 days.
    In their web site, People's offers HKD28 for 90 days, but I am unable to find where to buy it in Mongkok or Kowloon areas?
    I found you cannot register prepaid SIM account online. So I need to buy refill vouches or visit People's stores, but I am not in Hong Kong. Too bad they do not allow online top-off refilling.

My bad then...memory must be getting affected by da booze lol...but seriously though, they're cheap enough to be disposable unless u need to hold on to the numbers. U can fill em up at any 711, ok or their stores.
    Posted via Mobile Device

young707 likes this.

DJ008, you are right. Many years, I arrived Hong Kong. First thing is hurry to go buy new prepaid SIM. Kind of routine. Just wonder if there are better ways?

I also found out that you can go to Sham Shui Po MTR station exit to Ap Liu Street, they sell very cheap prepaid SIM cards. I pay for one PCCW for HKD$25. However, close inspect, this card is to be expired on 2011. So, got to use it this year.