Best sports TV + torrents package for cable TV/Internet - HKBN/PCCW-Now/i-Cable?

Closed Thread

Best sports TV + torrents package for cable TV/Internet - HKBN/PCCW-Now/i-Cable?

Hi guys,

Just about to move to HKG and trawling through Geoexpat for advice on which to get - some good advice here.

I'm basically looking for:

- Internet
    - TV

For Internet - which is the best provider for overseas BT? That's my primary use for the Internet.

For cable TV - which provider has the best sports package? I'm looking for Asian Sports Network (for the NBA/NFL) and F1 specifically. General entertainment packages (HBO/E-Channel etc) would be good too.

Not too concerned about the price as long as it's not exorbitant - I pay about HKD480 for internet alone in Australia so anything will be cheaper than that...

Cheers guys.

It depends on your building.

Not all buildings are wired for every service, so you're going to have to wait until you have a place, or consider a wireless LTE option like 1010's service.

For the sports you mentioned, you are looking at PCCW/NOWTV's sports offerings. If, however, you want the English Premier League football, you need i-Cable (they have the exclusive rights for another year).

But until you know your building and the speeds / packages available, finding the final package will be a bit on hold.

No problems, thanks - I know where I'll be living for the next 6 months so will check it out.

I'm thinking of getting (building permitted):

1) Either HKBN or PCCW for Internet, then
    2) Get NowTV (separately if it's HKBN)

I guess that's possible right?

Don't need EPL so fine with not having iCable. Thanks for your reply.

I have nowtv separate without using PCCW as my main internet provider. So its no problem.

Sent from my LT15i using GeoClicks Mobile