Recording i-cable HD broadcasts?

Closed Thread

Recording i-cable HD broadcasts?

Hi, all

Has any fellow forum members who subcribe to i-cable managed to record in 1080i/p format its programs broadcast in HD? It seems that this may not be possible even though the signal is output via HDMI from the i-cable box.

Your feedback and input would be most welcome and appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by w2010; 05-06-2010 at 10:35 PM.

Hi, sorry to go off topic slightly, but how do you rate iCable's HD service? Is it worth the additional 40-80 or so dollars a month?

Could you catch the signal off the coaxial via an EyeTV box?

Overview EyeTV HD

Quote Originally Posted by mlclau:
    Hi, sorry to go off topic slightly, but how do you rate iCable's HD service? Is it worth the additional 40-80 or so dollars a month?
    definitely worth it. the football looks incredible

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsix:
    Could you catch the signal off the coaxial via an EyeTV box?

Overview EyeTV HD
    EyeTV looks like an interesting product, but its tuner probably doesn't work in HK which has a different digital broadcast system from the UK's.

Hi , restarting this post now the Premier League is up and running.

Does anyone know if there is a way to record the HD Broadcast from the i-cable box?

There are many variants of the Eyetv, some that work here and some that don't. I would check with the website and get the name and number of the one you need, and then when you go to a computer center compare with what is available and see if there are other solutions.

Do icable boxes have a firewire or usb on the back? In the US it's the law that they have an enabled firewire port (and this has resulted in some interesting 'hacks' to get content off the box and into your computer) but I haven't seen the boxes over here and am not sure what options might exist.