Like Tree16Likes

Where can I get a proper sandwich?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Where can I get a proper sandwich?

Hi guys,

Would anyone here enlighten me on this subject? I really miss having a proper sandwich because there's just a limit to how much "siu long bao"/sushi/HK style restraurants you can eat in a week. Is there a deli of sorts you guys can recommend? I'm not even going to specify a location (close to work- Kwai Fong), I'd just like to enjoy one in my free time. Perhaps a good (Canadian example) one that I'm looking for is something like Quizno's? Or just any one that you've been to here and really enjoy

Example of a sandwich what I am envisioning: the Starbucks Signature Sandwich, something like that, but MOAR.

cheers

Last edited by Wongtouski; 20-01-2011 at 04:09 PM.

MOAR? wth is that?

Pret a Manger do good sandwiches.

Subway? Subway Hong Kong - Sandwiches, Salads, & Wraps

ThreeSixty at Kowloon Station.

Not sure about Kwai Fong, never been there.

Or you can make your own!

100LL likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by virago:
    Subway? Subway Hong Kong - Sandwiches, Salads, & Wraps

ThreeSixty at Kowloon Station.

Not sure about Kwai Fong, never been there.
    Forgot about 360, I like their panini's, thanks. I had a traumatic experience(s) with Subway when I was a kid, so I steer clear from that place. Plus it sucks IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    MOAR? wth is that?

Pret a Manger do good sandwiches.
    lol MOAR.......internet lingo, I just wanted to say more emphatically. Would give Pret a Manger a shot. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wongtouski:
    Perhaps a good (Canadian example) one that I'm looking for is something like Quizno's?
    Hmmmm . . . "Good" and "Quizno's" in the same sentence . . . let me reconcile that in my head before I come up with an answer.

Doesn't Il bel paeso make sandwiches to order? il Bel Paese - Italian Fine Food

I know Oliver's Delicatessen does. Olivers Delicatessen

In the Quizno's-like category . . . Subway will deliver. Ebeneezer's Kebabs & Pizzeria Link says Ebeneezers but it's the same ownership group in HK and you can order subway from this site if you click the right buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    Hmmmm . . . "Good" and "Quizno's" in the same sentence . . . let me reconcile that in my head before I come up with an answer.

Doesn't Il bel paeso make sandwiches to order? il Bel Paese - Italian Fine Food

I know Oliver's Delicatessen does. Olivers Delicatessen

In the Quizno's-like category . . . Subway will deliver. Ebeneezer's Kebabs & Pizzeria Link says Ebeneezers but it's the same ownership group in HK and you can order subway from this site if you click the right buttons.
    Hey thanks, if my memory serves me correct I enjoyed Quiznos, main reason probably beingbecause it's toasted.

While we're on the topic, huja's il Bel Paese reminded me of my follow up question: Panini's

I remember reading about one in a Chinese mag a while back, it does Italian sandwiches only, I believe it's in wanchai (could be way off base, HK side for sure), anyone got intel?

There is a new Pret a Manger in Elements shopping centre too.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast