Monkey Mountain

Closed Thread

Monkey Mountain

how do i get to monkey mountain?

i know its in shatin...but i cant find it on map.

Been passed it a few times but all I can tell you is that the number 72 bus passes by it, You can get the bus from tai po and it goes to cheung sha wan.

Or the other direction from cheung sha wan to Tai Wo, If going from Cheung Sha Wan then take exit A from the MTR and that will take you to a bus terminus where it departs from.

大圍村/美林

TAI WAI VILLAGE/MEI LAM is where you need to go to.

use http://www.kmb.hk/english.php? search 81, or 72 bus.

but what stop?

where do i go from bus towards mountain?

i was planning on going KCR to Tai Wai...then walk towards Amah rock...but i dont know where monkey mountain is...and we wanna get some photos of the monkeys

Last edited by BenderBends; 11-02-2006 at 09:49 PM.

The stop is SHEK LEI PUI RESERVOIR, you will see many monkey

Last edited by tt2003; 11-02-2006 at 11:37 PM.

is it called monkey mountain? cause i cant find it anywhere on the maps

hi,
    Monkey Mountain is not an official name, it is just a nickname, hence not on a map.

to access the area, take the old Tai Po road, marked as tai po road - pipers hill on the ypmap.com towards Shatin.

From kowloon direction go to tai po road (very long raodZ) you take left off tai po road towards the kowloon reservoir road bridge into Kam Shan country park is on the left, with Lion rock country park on the right.

Beware! Those monkeys are rascals! I've seen them attacking and scaring people more than once. Once a man was being scratched on the back with a monkey's claws and you can see the blood and a torn T-short. Another time an old lady alone got off the bus, before she could ask us for directions to the monkey mountain, the food in her Wellcome bag was snatched by one monkey and his whole family were enjoying it, while the poor old lady stood shivering. Another time a sneaky monkey wanted to steal our food while we were fishing.

Avoid taking Wellcome and Parkn'shop bags in all case. They're targets of attack.

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

It is better known as Monkey Hill

http://cccmkc.edu.hk/~kei-kph/Animal...ture%20one.htm