Paid leave

Closed Thread

Paid leave

Mmmnn

So my husband just got his contract - only ten days paid leave? Does this include public holidays, or are they extra - if so, how many of those are there?

Also, anyone know about applying for dependent visa? His firm have sent applications for his Visa, but nothing for me - is there somewhere i can get the forms, and how easy is the process?

Lots of q's, but you guys are the pro's!

Cheers

Elle

Ten days is sort of entry level for local companies. There's quite a range here - I know people on 10 and I know people on 25+ days.

Public Holidays will be in addition but you need to check:
    - what is the working week? Many local companies work half (or even full) days on some or all Saturdays.
    - Does he get Statutory Holidays or General Holidays in addition? Statutory (as the name says) is the minimum, but most people get General Holidays. These dates are listed here: http://www.info.gov.hk/info/holiday_e.htm

hi,

10 days is standard. However, there are approx. 13 days public holidays per annum. To stretch those 10 days selectively use one or two days annual leave before/after public holidays will give you a week long holiday / long weekend.

Also recommend that you book leave/flights ASAP because primary holiday periods are very busy.

Once your husbands visa is approved, you can then apply for a dependant visa, collect the forms from immigration dept. (and in case you didnt know - a dependants visa does not allow you to legally work in Hong Kong, you need a sponsored employment visa)

Wow!

You guys are great - so fast!

So, I will enter HK as a tourist, and then change to dependent?

Many Thanks

Elle