Desperate: L-Shaped Shower Curtain Rod

Closed Thread

Desperate: L-Shaped Shower Curtain Rod

Has anybody seen one of these at bathroom stores in Hong Kong? I've checked a few stores on Lockhart Road in Wan Chai, but no luck. The bathroom of our newly rented apartment is TERRIBLY arranged, and as of right now there's water spraying EVERYWHERE!

I'm looking for something like this:

http://www.clawfootsupply.com/product622

Have you checked with IKEA? Maybe they have something similar, but not sure, call them first before you go! Actually, you should be able to fine one in Wanchai. Good Luck!

No idea what is your situation, but I think you should inform the landlord if you want to drill holes in the wall.

Landlord said to drill away... After all, we would be making significant improvements to her bathroom.

Can anybody help? Are there really good bathroom places out there?

i think there is no use product available in the market.

as far as i know, you can juz give the spec. to some metal hardware shop and ask them to band a metal rod for you

cool. in that case, can someone recommend someone to do that at least? do you think it will be sturdy enough?

Just remember, you are the tenant right, so this should be the landlord's job. go ask your landlord to fix it or arrange someone to fix it for you. If he/she excuses about it then just tell him/her that you're gonna to get a professional to fix it and will send the landlord the bill. As this is the landlord's responsibility in HK, if the damage is due to normal wear and tear and you have to right to stop paying the landlord the rent until the problem is fixed. However, this won't apply if you're changing rod just for your own purpose.
    Anyway, you can try to go to any hardware store close by your place and ask them to take a look. In case if they couldn't understand english then you should insist the landlord to fix the problem, especially if it is related to leakage problem.

it's not really a leakage problem as much as a 'water going everywhere because of poor design and unwillingness to finish the bathroom properly problem. it's quite simple: corner shower/bathtub unit does not go with straight shower curtain rod that leaves one end of the shower completely exposed.

i found a place that will cut the rod to fit our place for only 70 dollars. at that price it might be worth it, i'm just worried about the stability of the l-shaped rod because it's only attached to the walls at the ends, and not to the ceiling in any way (see picture in the link of the original message).

i'll have to use my minimal chinese and sign language to try and see if they can weld a ceiling piece too. also have to find someone to install and what not - maybe that's where the landlord can come in.

thanks for the help guys. will keep you posted, but if anyone has any better solutions please PLEASE let me know.

sorry for late reply, but hope it can help......

the rod is not heavy, i am pretty sure that the 2 coin-shaped supports and both end can hold the piece of rod, as long as you juz buy ordinary size of metal rod....

Think!!! The rod itself is not heavy, and the curtain is juz a piece of plastic film. if a screw and bear 1.5kg load, 4 pieces(2 pieces for each end) can support 6kg....

no ceiling mount is needed..trust me, if you really scare, replace the metal rod by 2 white PVC water tubes and and L-shape joint, but you have to make the joint smoothly by make a slant with some filling, like hot melt plastic glue, etc.....