Vacuum Cleaner hose

Closed Thread

Vacuum Cleaner hose

I have a (Fortress own brand) vacuum cleaner which is a few years old but perfectly functional except for the fact the hose has split beyond repair. I am having no luck at all getting a replacement - Fortress says call their service company, and their automated system consistently dumps me to "Sorry we cannot connect your call at present, please try later".

I am extremely reluctant to dump a perfectly good vacuum cleaner for the sake of a hose so has anyone got any ideas where I could find one?

guess it's not easy to get one outside, but juz ask fortress.

Buy a new one is about 300~500, but i understand u don't want to throw a function machine away.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    I have a (Fortress own brand) vacuum cleaner which is a few years old but perfectly functional except for the fact the hose has split beyond repair. I am having no luck at all getting a replacement - Fortress says call their service company, and their automated system consistently dumps me to "Sorry we cannot connect your call at present, please try later".

I am extremely reluctant to dump a perfectly good vacuum cleaner for the sake of a hose so has anyone got any ideas where I could find one?
    There is no such thing as a perfectly good Fortress vacuum cleaner. If they have merely rebranded an item then it should be fine but sometimes they commission the build of their own designs which I have had bad experiences with in the past. Dare I suggest duck tape and failing that if you are insistent on replacement try Wing On, Sogo or Jusco for similar parts. In the past I have come across mum and pop hardware stores stocking vacuum replacement parts. You never know.

Just for completeness in case anyone searches for this in future...

After I sent an email to Fortress at the address on their website I got a call the next day from their service agents, who are Dah Chong Hong (aka DCH) in Kwai Fong. They confirmed that they had the part in stock but that Fortress no longer provided the service whereby it could be forwarded to any of their shops. So today I made a quick trek out to Kwai Fong and picked it up from their office (which is buried deep in a very active godown) for $120 (cf about $400 and all the environmental cost for a new machine).

Dah Chong Hong Electrical Appliances Service Centre
    8/F, Block C, Yee Lim Industrial Centre,
    2-28 Kwai Lok Street
    Kwai Fong
    Tel: 3193 9888
    Open: 9-1 & 2-5 M-F, 9-1 Sat.

It's about a 5 minute walk from Kwai Fong MTR. The supervisor speaks good English.