SofaSale hk

Closed Thread

SofaSale hk

Has anyone bought anything from this store?

Am wondering why it is so cheap and if it is any good or am I better off just going to IKEA ?

Is there an alternative to IKEA in HK ??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fuglyhk:

Am wondering why it is so cheap and if it is any good or am I better off just going to IKEA ?

Thanks
    you can try Priceline shop or B & Q shop in Mega box

Quote Originally Posted by Mandyhui:
    you can try Priceline shop or B & Q shop in Mega box
    B&Q closed in MegaBox late 2009.
    Last edited by emx; 13-08-2011 at 02:29 PM.

and i think she means 'pricerite' rather than priceline....

Quote Originally Posted by fuglyhk:

Thanks
    I think the reason for why it is so cheap is that this kind of online furniture store does not have retail shops, they run showroom instead. That saves quite a lot of money so they can offer things in lower price. This is the good thing about online furniture store. But it may take up to a few weeks for items to arrive at your doorstep.
    Umm...I think it worth the wait as items can be way cheaper. =]

Depends what kind of style you are looking for. If you are into European style, you can also try deco on demand, a store very similar to sofasale which it has some exclusive items designed by their own designers. Its always better to have more options when buying furniture.

Good luck searching! =]

I just bought a sofa there, 2 weeks ago. small showroom, but it's obvious why they are cheaper than elsewhere. they dont need to waste a lot of money on rent, marketing, ...
    their catalogue is all on their website. i find the staff very friendly and helpful. I called yesterday to ask when they'll deliver the sofa, and that would be next week (so total delivery time was 3 weeks). Good thing is: they check the assembled sofa theirselves at the factory to make sure there are no fabrication mistakes before shipping it off. (at least, that's what they told me)

in fact, sofas, just like everything else are heavily marked up.
    my mate is getting one from a factory in china, paying around $40 USD (which is essentially the wholesale price)
    I don't know any details, so don't bother asking me